I think Marijuana Cured My Schizophrenia

Recent Summary:

Still, some researchers are convinced that marijuana contributes to the development of schizophrenia.

There have been nine studies following hundreds to thousands of people for decades looking for a connection between marijuana use and psychosis. All but one of these studies suggest that marijuana use is associated with schizophrenia.

Sir Robin Murray, a psychiatrist at King’s College in London, says that evidence changed his mind about weed. “Even I, 20 years ago, used to tell patients that cannabis is safe. It’s only after you see all the patients that go psychotic that you realize – it’s not so safe.”

Source:

Pot Can Trigger Psychotic Symptoms For Some,

Bottom line is no matter how strong the drug laws, people who smoke weed need their weed for medicine are going to get it. I’ll be up in arms if you say to me we’re going to confiscate a plant of natural rights. Don’t you think your being a bit too controlling? A tad tyrannical? What is your issue Meteor? Smoke one for yourself, instead of spewing old facts. I abide by my constitution of the 2nd amendment. Look at Baltimore right now. A confused mess based on the restriction of freedoms particulary weed. What is this magical sense of false pride you have banning a plant? There is clearly more to it than that. It’s about our freedoms. And God bless StarryNight I hope she has many “Medicated” starry nights. And for the opposing views… I have absolutely no words at all because you leave none worthy of any rational argument at all. Think about it.

1 Like

I did think about it. Do you have any idea what smoking costs healthcare , it is the number one cause of chronic illness in the world. im not saying ban smoking tobaco , I am saying do not introduce yet another drug whose active delivery system is through smoking. why should law abiding , hard working people pay for chronic illness associated with smoking weed. especially since many studies put that practice as having more of a carcinogenic risk than smoking tobacco on its own.

and also you are not free to do whatever you want. most people have to live by the rule of law.

There are many ways of taking cannabis without smoking it.

well then if it couldnt be smoked id say , its worth a shot to look into it. I know people with MS , chronic pain and other neurological conditions derive benefit from it.

1 Like

Hey meteor. I do share your concerns about smoking it. I have heard it generates more tar than tobacco which is very unhealthy. A healthier alternative is vaporising it. However the kit for doing this can be expensive.

I am free to do what ever I want yes. My Constitution back’s that. Are you a nurse how does it affect you? Insignificant argument.

I’m not a nurse , just a regular joe.

That is an important issue… when someone gets cancer, society could be paying for it for a long time:

CANNABIS USE AND RISK OF LUNG CANCER: A CASE-CONTROL STUDY

Well my brother created the Rite Aid smoking cessation advertisement, 'AGE BEAUTIFULLY" which inspired me to get the nicotine gum and now I’m on the path to smoking cessation. I also quit smoking weed, its been about two weeks. Yeah you guys are right, I think I was saying that all because I was off the medication and going through a.bit of an emotional crisis since my boyfriend died of a drug overdose. I’ve started seeing weed as a gateway drug, and God said that it’s not for me, weed, it doesn’t help me. My brother quit smoking quite awhile ago, and so now I’m pretty sure THC is almost completely out of my system. Today I went to my psychiatric clinic and waited for two hours for them so they would write the script for my anti-psychotic refill. I refilled my medications. I’m doing ok, still getting harassed by a dangerous person who acts like I owe him something. Last week this person tried to steal my car and left me at a bar in DC and then hit a guard rail with my car. I do not drink alcohol much anymore, but I think someone put something in my drink in DC.

I am not to talk to these people anymore. They are abusive manipulative drug abusers. I don’t know what to do… anymore… weed did have a negative impact on me to be honest.

2 Likes

I’m guessing you think psychosis is a minor problem .

You’re right firemonkey, psychosis is a big deal and a major problem that most of us are fighting our hardest to prevent and treat. I was told by my therapist that marijuana would make my brain get worse because of its affect on Bipolar and that it worsens it over time. But it seemed to help with trauma, in the sense, it relaxed me in small amounts. But now I am simply abstaining. I wasn’t even buying it so I wasn’t wasting money, people I hung out with just smoked with me and enabled me when I wanted to quit for awhile.

At first I opposed legalization, then people talked about how it brought wealth to the states. But I think recreational use should be just like drinking, reserved for those 21 and older, but 25 would make more sense because that’s when the brain fully matures and marijuana affects the way a brain develops over time, but 21 would likely be a first step in decriminalizing it. The main reason I oppose it being illegal is this way the black market and criminals don’t have total control over it. There are good things about weed too, it made me more creative and open-minded and peaceful. But I think there are a lot of legal issues surrounding weed, once the rules are clarified I might look into medical CBD to treat my PTSD.

I smoked alot of marijuana when I was a teenager. It didnt cause me to to get schizophrenia as I already had that. But it made my symptoms much worse. Despite that im thinking of getting back on it. A little self destruction never hurt anybody. I wish they would make it legal here in Australia.

I think it is a minor problem I suffered the most from the treatment I had to undergo not from my ‘‘illnes’’.My depressions were ‘‘a big deal and a major problem’’, my ‘‘schizophrenia’’ was only a problem for the people in my environment.

Befehl ist Befehl (command is command) as the nazis stated earlier.

“Nazi” thats a bit over the top.

Sorry but you said you must obey the law no matter what.

“and also you are not free to do whatever you want. most people have to live by the rule of law”

That’s what I said.