I think I need professional help

My mental illness has broken my mind and I’m noticing my ability to function and remember things has decreased

I just spent so much time and money after probation getting on my feet (car gf apartment SSDI work)
I don’t know…
My brain feels dilluted and I have all these nice things I don’t want to lose after piecing my life together
And I think sending myself to the psych ward in patient will only make depression worse…
I’m just left with ---- where do I go from here? :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

talk to your therapist and pdoc as soon as you can. don’t make any decisions you’ll regret later

1 Like

I’m broken too. I signed up for an intensive therapy program, but I realize you may not have access to one. It’s so hard to not be able to do things anymore. And I always have to do reality checks. I’m very scared for my future. I wish I had a good answer for you. My only advice is to look for therapy to help you deal with your illness. We need coping skills. That’s what’s important

1 Like

One step at a time. Accept and continue forward.

It doesn’t sound like there’s a need to go inpatient.

If it’s getting really bad, then you could mention it to your doctor. Maybe your meds aren’t working as well as they used to. That can happen.

I do reality checks too, always checking my back pocket to make sure my wallet is still there when I use it
Everyday I feel like I’m forcing myself to do the simplest things
I’m just tired of being scared

1 Like

I don’t know mate it feels like most of us here are in the same boat

1 Like

I don’t know, for me in-patient can do some good. To leave everything behind and forget obligations and life stress and for two weeks just focus on my mental health. With doctors and social workers helping. Everything will be there when you get back home.

What other professional help options are there? Hope you get better.

I totally relate! I hope things get better for you soon!

Can you still work?? How does this bother you while you work?

I can still work, being productive in some ways makes me feel a little better

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.