I surrender...I won't be posting on anti meds threads

Quality MDs and DOs all use holistic approaches with patients. They each want the best for their patients and treat the entire person - not just part.

Genuinely holistic medicine only adds to medicine’s effectiveness. Lots of things use the label holistic that are not at all holistic.

3 Likes

I think people vary in reaction to meds.So the decision as to take them or not is a personal one that should be made by weighing the prose and cons with input from a trusted and competent professional where possible.

1 Like

I hear what you are saying but i couldn’t see any other way to deal with these symptoms, i know it just sort of covers them up but i can’t see an alternative,

psychosis is devastating to most people and paranoia etc and it needs to be dealt with effectively,

a medicinal band aid is what we need anyway, we have an open wound (sz) so to speak and most if not all of the time the therapies and supplements you describe would not be enough,

i realise that medication is not ideal but i also realise that in most cases there is no effective alternatives.

1 Like

Why can’t we be friends? Oh, why can’t we be friends?

3 Likes

Take your meds. I am almost cured on a high dose of 3 meds. I don’t know how you guys do it without meds. I have side effects. Nothing terrible. All I have to say is take your meds again.

1 Like

I know I need med’s. It’s always been a disaster when I tried to come off them. Other people can make up their own minds about it.

1 Like

Sometimes I don’t speak right
But did I know what I was talking about

2 Likes

I think the approach should be more of a blend between medication and therapy.

Cause if other things can also help with symptoms why would we not capitalize on that?

Meds are important but there definitely needs to be more to treat the whole person.

Medication for the things medication can help with and additional non medication approaches for those things medication is not geared to deal with.

2 Likes

Yeah but at the point of an acute psychotic break therapy wouldn’t help much imo,

It all depends on the person and how they react to the meds, and if the are stable for so long and if they are willing to try a different approach

You have to get people into a position where they realise things aren’t right and that therapy might help. If you lack insight and you think you’re ok why would you want treatment be it medication or therapy ? Even if one rejects long term medication it may be needed in the short term to stabilise someone enough to realise something hasn’t been right for which therapy might help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.