I showered, finally

and shaved! Sometimes it’s the little things. And albeit I showered after I got off work as opposed to before work lol, I’ll still take it as a win. Anyone else struggle with hygiene sometimes? Sometimes I’m super on top of it and other times I completely ignore it.

21 Likes

Yep i do. I juat sponge bath between. Seems feels like soo complicated. Ive gone 5 days sometimes and almost same clothes and other than changing undies and sponge baths. Quite embarrassing but real. I always bruah my teeth and do skin routine. If im in sweat pants i try to put my hair in pig tails some days ao i feel cute somehow. I am really struggling with tasks of any kind right now. Everything feels so hard and im so over stimulated. But hey congrats on the shower and shave. Well done

2 Likes

Congrats. Since I don’t have a job I shower ever other day or 1 in every 3 days. Always try to brush my teeth though unless I forget.

4 Likes

Yeah I always brush my teeth

2 Likes

I brush my teeth every day but don’t shower every day either. I do wear the same clothes more than one day too. I don’t do that so much because I am lazy but more because I don’t feel like my clothes are dirty. I don’t fu*cking do anything. How dirty could they be? I do need to shower more often though.
My biggest bad hygiene thing is that I rarely wash my sheets. I really need to wash them. Maybe I will tomorrow.

Congrats on the shower! You look sparkling clean :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Jeej! Good! Cheers for you You look good!

I had a tough time with self-care in all my bad periods. But unless I was floridly psychotic, I always made sure nobody noticed. Right now I’m sort of okay, but I still have to force myself to take regular showers and my house is somewhat of a mess. You inspired me to go clean up my house, thanks.

1 Like

Honestly now that I don’t have a job I have become lazy :see_no_evil:

Yeah I struggle. Lucky I go to work, otherwise I’d never shower. Well done to you, looking very handsome too.

2 Likes

I showered today, finally, too! And I washed my hair and brushed my teeth and applied perfume. And changed my clothes! I feel like a new woman! I am waiting for my friend to arrive. We are going to eat dinner together at my place and then afterwards we are going to her house. I am very excited.

4 Likes

Blah wish I didn’t have to work

Sounds exciting! And yes it feels so good after its done but boy it’s hard to actually do it. @mouseymoo thank you!

Now that I’ve retired I procrastinate even more.

1 Like

Well done! I bet you feel wonderful now! You have a very welcoming and approachable face and smile.

1 Like

I used to have great difficulty with showering (still do, but less). I used to shower only when I couldn’t stand the smell of myself, but I got an idea that has helped: I bought an inexpensive stationary recumbent bicycle, peddle it for 30-40 minutes, then my muscles are sore and a shower feels really good.

I thought I would share this with the hope that it may help someone.

5 Likes

That’s a smart idea!

1 Like

Yup, it’s been about a week for me, wearing the same clothes (except underwear and socks)… But I can’t take a shower right now, the bathtub is disinfecting after a sewage disaster. I’ll try to remember tomorrow.

3 Likes

I changed my job just so I can wear the same uniform everyday lol I got really tired of trying to pick out new clothes everyday and I couldn’t keep up with the laundry at my old job

3 Likes

Nice pic @Bdon
It is so amazing that you are able to work!
My situation appears poor, however, I will continue trying to improve and perhaps find a job
and perhaps resume my studies.
I have cognitive issues, but I hope that I will manage to do something even so.
I am not optimistic, but I will always fight, it is time for me to try to blend into life
physical fitness is great, I will now try to add on it.
Again, not optimistic, but I always keep trying and fighting.

Yeah I’m fighting as well! Lots of cognitive and negative symptoms for me but I still manage to make it to my job everyday, I’m not the best employee but I do pretty well…kinda wish I didn’t have to work but life is life

2 Likes

That’s great @Bdon you are a hero!
By the way do you excercise? Do you try to eat healthy?
These things won’t cure you but they may help somewhat.