I need tips to lower prolactin

I just got my blood works.
Turns out i have high prolactin,homoglobin and low vitamin D.
Doctor mentioned to talk to my pdoc.
He said my medication is causing the prolactin.
I take risperdal 4mg before bedtime.

How can i lower prolactin?

1 Like

I take 5mg risperidone, used to take 6mg. My prolactin is high and my testosterone is low. Dr didn’t care. I read high dose Vit b6 reduces prolactin.

1 Like
1 Like

Does testerone lower prolactin?

The opposite, prolactin lowers testosterone.

2 Likes

Abilify is also said to lower prolactin.

fpsyt-12-681418-g0002

2 Likes

Does exercising help prolactin?
How about fiber?
The doctor said prolactin slows down the metabolism.

I assume your a male. It might help to try and avoid foods that contain eostrogen promoting substances like soy products.

Increasing testostorone would be a solution if you weren’t on drugs. But when on drugs you risk a relapse when raising testostorone as it is connected with dopamine.

excercise can’t hurt. Vitamin B1 might help increase metabolism.

1 Like

Im a male.

1 Like

Docs don’t usually treat high prolactin levels unless they’re in multiples of 100. But even slightly raised levels have effects on body.
I had maybe 44ng/ml. It is not crazy high. But at that level it my pecs seemed big. Luckily no moobs. But those seemed like I do pushups. Later on I started experiencing mild pinching pain in pecs. Sexual dysfunction.
I took aripiprazole for maybe a week or two. Then stopped. I didn’t want to take two APs.

My prolactin levells are 20.71ng/ml

These are borderline high. I don’t know what protocol docs over your side follow. My doc would have ignored it.

Elyn Saks who is law professor at USC who has schizophrenia had levels of 130-140.

I took 5mg Abilify to lower prolactin and it did nothing to lower it.

This was on amisulpride though, so it might work for you

1 Like

Mine was 32.5 in last blood test. Testosterone 4.9, min normal value is 5.5.

Abilify lowers prolactin

1 Like

I wouldn’t normally say this but try a low dose of latuda. It was terrible in some ways for me but it briefly restored my manhood.

I am currently trying sport and different supplements to increase testosterone. I don’t think I can do much about the prolactin, it is coupled to the meds. I might buy @Aziz his idea: vitamine b6.
Many of my supplements I have tested have some sort of impact. I don’t know the right mix, I just tried everything and I prefer to feel normal for now, so I didn’t take any today. In regards to prolactin and testosterone it may be some of the following.

• Cordyceps
  • Tribulus Terrestris
  • Fenugreek
  • Panax Ginseng
  • Zinkbisglycinat + L-Histidin
  • L-Arginin
  • Maca
  • Ginkgo
  • Ginseng

I don’t have much knowledge in that area I am just testing it out.

1 Like

If you are one a second Gen antipsychotics it’s worth considering Abilify 5 mgs because it has proven effects as aphrodisiac by lowering prolactin. But if you are on 1. Gen antipsychotics please keep away from Abilify because that there is a high probability for that it will worsen psychosis.

Exercising increases testosterone for sure. Don’t know if it lowers prolactin. Exercising is great. I highly recommend it. It doesn’t have to be like hours in a gym. It can be 4 minutes with low weight dumbells every now and then. I do it. Highly recommend it.