I missed my dose of zyprexa yesterday

I freaked out pacing everywhere and not talking to anyone it dawned on me how much I need it. I took my meds finally and took some benzos this morning so I could get on the plane and now I’m in Florida and I feel great. Meds do wonders for me :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have a med planner or two. When I am not right, frequently I can look at my med planner and see the missed medicine.

1 Like

i’m glad the meds help you so well =)
for me it’s the same. the meds really do help a lot

1 Like

Zyprexa stays in your system at a constant rate for days and days after taking it. Your reaction was psychological.

1 Like

Leaving off zyprexa one night leaves my mind going so fast I tend to stay awake all night

1 Like

Sure doesn’t feel like it I am on the highest dose and I definitely had a psychotic episode I know it stays in your system but apparently that’s not enough for me I know plenty people on here who have freaked out after missing a dose and all anti psychotics have a long half life

am on zyprexa 20 year

1 Like

That’s what happened to me I guess it’s just an over load of dopamine for me

I was on double the highest dose for 17 years (40mg), I missed dosages on occasion and I was fine. Zyprexa has a half life of up to 50ish hours, so even after a missed day 3/4 is still in your system. If your reaction wasn’t psychological you must be on the bare minimum effective dose for you.

1 Like

I guess I am on the smallest effective dose then I used to be on 30mg but now I’m only on 20mg

Just because I need 6 mgs. of something doesn’t mean the next person doesn’t need 18 mgs. of the same thing. Dosing is individual, that is

1 Like

It comes from 2,5 mg to 20 mg.

1 Like

Yes and I used to be prescribed one 10mg and one 20mg…

1 Like

I think 10 mg is standard for SZ…

1 Like

Not necessarily different medications work for different people at different doses. For example you may need 10mg but there are people on here who have taken m 40 mg

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.