I mean really is there really any proof that these voices we hear are real

maybe it just really is a illness and our brains are some how damaged and it makes people hear voices. Ever notice no one ever has schiz and the voices are nice and tell you how good you, everyone who gets it is negative voices. Maybe its all just ■■■■■■■■ and they really dont exist at all…i think about it sometimes

1 Like

I don’t post often in UB but gosh from the voices I hear and heard they sound too real to me.

I have religious ideas about why I hear voices but I’ll just keep those on the down low.

I hear ya. Either my voices are nonsense or negative. They never once told me I was handsome. Quite the opposite tbh.

1 Like

The sad thing is I don’t hear voices, I just get thoughts in my head and I believe them. Not sure if that’s an autistic thing, but I get the strangest thoughts and they just come and go. They’re pretty convincing. Doctors try pushing them off as voices, but I know my brain better then a 5 min consultation.

It feels like green or grey aliens to be honest…or God or AI. My brain is broken for sure. I don’t get productive thoughts. Like in college, I once solved a hard textbook problem in number theory in my dreams, which isn’t that impressive really, but I used to struggle with problems, take a sleep, and the next day solve it in the morning. I always thought that was strange or cool. My grandfather did stuff like that. But now, I just got delusions and get delusions from my thoughts. I don’t have a lot of common sense or intelligence anymore.

1 Like

It also feels like electronics or quantum mysticism or magic.

There has been quite a lot of research to show that hallucinations, like linguistic thought, are subvocal speech – almost silent whisperings.

E.g. "Gould found a close correspondence between the content of subvocal speech, recorded with a microphone close to the mouth, and the reported content of hallucinations. "

This and other evidence is given in
Bick, P. A., & Kinsbourne, M. (1987). Auditory hallucinations and subvocal speech in schizophrenic patients. The American Journal of Psychiatry.
which is downloadable from Research Gate if you sign up or an account.

NASA uses the fact that ordinary thoughts are whisperings, by using a very sensitive microphone on the voice box to allow people to control computers using thoughts. This research is introduced on the NASA website.

3 Likes

Hmm.

Oddly Enough, I Have Female Voices. Well, Three Males, And Two Females. Although One Is More Apparent Than The Other. Meaning, She Only Speaks When I Call Upon Her.

One Male Is There Almost Every Moment. Jus Like One of The Females. The Other Two Males Are Quite Busy. But!, Answer Everytime I Call For Their Advice Or Opinion.

I Could Go On Endlessly Why I Don’t Even Waste Anymore Time On Challenging Them.

There’s Too Many Things To Get Done.

On Both Sides.

And I Heard One Voice, The First One, A Very, Very Long Time Ago. And That One Frightened Me Because I Thought Someone Was In The Room. I Was A Little Kid And Ran To My Mom. She Jus Shrugged Her Shoulders And Told Me To Go Back To Bed.

Point Is, , ,

I’ve Been In Some Really Strange Times With Voices. Before These Main Voices Arrived It Was A Very Chaotic Chain of Events.

For Example:::~ Thousands Of Children’s Voices Nonstop. Like A Crowd Gathering. And I Couldn’t Even Think Straight. I Couldn’t Understand What Any Of Them Were Saying. And I Tried Multiple Tactics To Drown Them Out. But!, All In Extreme Failure.

The Television Made It Worse. Going Outside Jus Amped The Voices Volume. Thankfully They Disappeared. And After Some Chaos, I Finally Settled Down. And I Have Some Company To Keep Me Quiet. And Yup, They Aren’t From Me. From Another Realm of Course.

Hope, True Love, Honesty, And Eternal Peace!.

P.s. Have A Good Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Evening, And Or Night!. (The Orbital Compass).

1 Like

Here’s proof they’re not real

1 Like

I also wonder if they are real or not.
sometimes it’s hard to believe that the brain can generate fake thoughts or voices.
sometimes I think that schizophrenic patients are able to connect to a whole new world that nobody knows about.

1 Like

Ok first of all, what do you mean by “real” when referring to the voices? Do you hear them? Yes or no? And what do you mean by “Negative” voices?

I heard voices once and the fact that I/you hear them is the proof itself… so I don’t know what you mean.

What do you mean if “real” or “not”? Did you hear them or no?

Hmm.

The Kinks~ ‘Lola’.

Really Cool Song. Never Bought The Album. But!, Had That Song On Repeat For Awhile.

I Heard It Really Young And It Jus Seemed Amazingly Artistic. And!, Eclectic!.

Hope, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Eternal Peace!.

yes they are real, I really heard them. what I mean is that we do not know if they come from a spirit (for example) or from our brain

1 Like

Oh now where talking about spirits? You either hear something or don’t… it’s that simple

I still question if the voices are real. Spirits and angels.

I have to remind myself I’m sick sometimes.

“Spirits and angels” LOL wtf

Let’s see you make a post about hearing a voice and then come on here to post if it was real or not, that makes no sense at all… you created this post in the first place because you HEARD a voice…

Hmm.

@revv

You Are Confusing Me.

Don’t talk to me, you make no sense at all.

Hmm?.

Your Wish Is My Command.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.