I may not be able to supply much news

I am having major problems with the Firefox spinning wheel of death . I tried a solution I found with a google search but that only worked for a short while . Loading websites is like a snail wading through thick molasses .

1 Like

Be careful I almost got amoeba.

Seems like Firefox is having issues. Why dont you get Google Chrome?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: That would require looking something up in Firefox…

@firemonkey do you have a smartphone?

1 Like

I could easily send the installer for Chrome through a PM … :confused:

2 Likes

I’ve got Google chrome . I’ve used it occasionally , but am not a great fan of it.

1 Like

Google Chrome is a licensed product from Google which they derive and modify from an open source browser named Chromium. Firefox is a superior browser and it doesn’t send all your searches and other logged data to Google for advertising/revenue. My advice @firemonkey, keep using the 'Fox.

1 Like

I hate firefox…

Chrome is the best.

I like Microsoft edge the best for windows. Maybe you have a mac though im not sure

1 Like

Is that internet explorer?

Man, thats the worst one lol

2 Likes

nope internet explorer sucksssss…Microsoft edge is the re-vised internet explorer that came out in 2015. Internet explorer was the first browser ever I think other than AOL and a few others. Its an entirely different browser. I used to have internet explorer AND Microsoft edge. Microsoft edge is the superior form of a browser. No doubt.

1 Like

The first browser was Netscape. They got swallowed up or ran out of business. Sometime in the 1999ish time frame Microsoft was guilty of a monopoly as they bundled their POS IE with Windows. Netscape became Firefox, and now we have Google Chrome. I’ve expressed my feeling already about Chrome, but I’ll take another whack at it. Chrome comes from a browser called Chromium (see what they did there). Google modified (which was legal) and made a proprietary seach engine out of it that collects so much data your head will spin. Meanwhile, Firefox is chugging ablong and is my browser of choice. Windows, Linux…don’t care. Firefox exclusively (and they’re open source).

1 Like

There’s a freeware app for PC called ‘Spybot Search and Destroy’ that cleans most of the malware from your machine. I work in tech support and I use it a lot when machines here in my workplace get infected.

1 Like

Sounds like it could be an “internet” problem rather than a browser one. Try turning your router off and back on again.

1 Like

Have you updated firefox? If not, go click on those very small 3 line in the upper right corner. Click help, Abut Firefox, and it will check if an update is available. Takes 5 seconds. Always patch your browser…ALWAYS. Lotsa nasty sites out there.

It’s up to date. @everhopeful I closed and then restarted the router. So far OK-but I’ve been fooled by that before.

1 Like