I love cereal, but…

Apparently the guy who created corn flakes invented them with the intention for them to help boys stop masturbating so much. Not sure about the validity of this claim but my gf says its true haha.

6 Likes

I love oats and muesli sprinkled with applejuice, but its really fattening. Lots of sugar and carbs. Muesli was “invented” in Swiss for people who needed to gain weight:

From wiki:

"Muesli Muesli traditionally is freshly prepared using dried rolled oats or whole grain oats that have been soaked in water or fruit juice.[14] Other common ingredients are grated or chopped fresh fruit (e.g., bananas, apples, berries, grapes, mango), dried fruit, milk products (e.g., fresh milk, yoghurt, cream, condensed milk, fromage frais, quark, cottage cheese, or nondairy milk substitutes), lemon juice, ground nuts, seeds, spices (especially cinnamon), honey and muesli mix.[15][16]

“Muesli was not originally intended as a breakfast food, but as an appetiser similar to bread and butter. It was consumed as Schweizer Znacht (lit.: Swiss supper), but not as a breakfast cereal.[11]

It was introduced around 1900 by Bircher-Benner for patients in his hospital,[4] where a diet rich in fresh fruit and vegetables was an essential part of therapy. It was inspired by a similar “strange dish” that he and his wife had been served on a hike in the Swiss Alps.[3]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.