I love cereal, but…

I absolutely love eating cereal and rarely have it because it’s full of carbs.
I caved in and bought two big boxes of Cheerios from Costco and I gained 3 pounds in one day after eating 2 large bowls with lots of added sugar.

I can’t afford to gain any more weight so I’m going to scrap the cereal.

Maybe I’ll give the boxes to my aunt.

For Pete’s sake!

14 Likes

Cereal is an Insidious evil

3 Likes

Oh my. I eat cereal and milk every night. No wonder my weight does not want to leave me.

3 Likes

You should stop doing that
Better to just have ice cream lol

5 Likes

I am considering reduce weight. But sometimes with family have to eat heavy and end up increasing and feel afterwards.

2 Likes

Is there so much sugar in the cereals or do you add it to your meal ? @Wave

2 Likes

oh don’t take away my cereal…lucky charms, life cereal are our favorites here.

4 Likes

Yeah cereal is not a good idea.
Eggs and blackpudding is what I have everyday. Keeps you going a lot longer.

If you like sweet taste, yoghurt with fruit is good. Can always put a tiny amount of cereal on top. Makes a nice texture

3 Likes

Plain Cheerios contains very little sugar but I stupidly added some sugar

3 Likes

Than you could love cereals again

2 Likes

I once ate this cinnamon churros cereal with cold fresh milk. It was really tasty.

3 Likes

Yea I try to avoid it too now. It’s so moorish.

3 Likes

I eat oatmeal for breakfast and cereal before bed. I weigh out one ounce or 40 grams or estimate one cup. The trick is to use a small bowl.

3 Likes

I eat boiled oat meal with no added sugar. I add some protein powder as oats is the only thing I eat some days.

3 Likes

I eat a lot of cereals but the simple corn ones enriched with vitamins and other things, I can’t give them up, it’s my typical breakfast, I take them with lactose-free milk which is sweeter than its own without adding sugar, I was fatter when I ate stuffed croissants or Nutella, but I eliminated them because they hurt me

2 Likes

Sorry to hear! I can relate, cheerios are way too tempting, i can eat a whole box in 2 days! I’m glad you are throwing them away, having temptation is a bad idea.

1 Like

Nobody’s taking away my morning cereal. I eat any cereal but I especially love granola cereal. My weight is normal and people tell me I look slim and great!

I limit myself to a half cup of granola and a whole cup of most other cereals. The trick is to carefully measure everything. And limit the number of portions to only one serving per day.
@mangojuice @FreeLunch @Wave @Waffles

4 Likes

Ahh, i see. Everything in moderation!

2 Likes

I cannot do this when it comes to cereal unfortunately

3 Likes

I cannot limit my portions either, not for cereal. I’m awful about it.

Obviously, it doesn’t work for braces, so I’m officially on to other things. I bought oats and some fruit. Plus protein drinks.

2 Likes