I keep letting them wind me up

I’ll just say I’m concerned with how your recent posts have been sounding. It sounds like a rough patch for sure.

You’ll get wiser to it. I can’t really speak further without feeding delusion… but a lot of it is knowing what is irrelevant… and also acknowledging folk in the industry really often don’t know what they are talking about. To a lot of them it’s just a job.

You are asking for a LOT of meds… and I might be unpopular due to my stance on medication, but drugs aren’t going to fix all of your problems.

Just don’t take it so personally… maybe try switching docs down the road… you’ll go into it fresh but with a bit of wisdom to you. It actually does help a lot if someone senses that you’ve “been through the ropes.”

Makes them step up, but they might be more intrigued to for the fact that you might respect them as more than a doc because you can actually see when they are going above and beyond. Even though the standard is set so horribly low…

We need psychiatric and psychological therapists in one,… and god pray they aren’t rapey… cause those weirdos are out there too

1 Like

I think Arturo has a point, maybe if they knew your real feelings they would not have dismissed it as simply ‘personality traits’.

Please don’t listen to any of the awful advice people are giving for how to make your symptoms appear worse. I can 100% guarantee your doctor will be able to tell if you make yourself worse on purpose, and then you might just get labeled as a faker, which could cause them to doubt your real symptoms.

It does sound as though you’re really struggling with your eating disorder right now. Eating disorders can be triggered by feeling powerless, and restricting your food intake seems like your way of trying to take control back. Instead of telling them their behavior is making you want to stop eating (which does sound like a threat, regardless of how you intend it), maybe you could tell them that the lack of control in your life is causing you to struggle with your eating disorder right now.

I know it seems like they’re not listening, but this is how doctors usually operate. They give a patient the lowest possible dose, see how they cope for a couple months, then slowly increase or add more over the course of many months. It’s a slow process. Giving someone a high dose all at once increases the risk of negative side effects.

And, I’m sorry, but there is no such thing as an antipsychotic that makes you lose weight. Every single one carries the risk of weight gain. The ones that carry the least risk are Geodon and Latuda, I believe. But most psych meds cause weight gain. That’s just the way it works. That’s part of the reason your doctors don’t want to immediately put you on high doses. They don’t want you to gain too much weight and then be at risk for diabetes and heart disease. If they start you on a low dose, and wait a while, they can see if the particular drug they try is going to cause weight gain for you. If it does, they can take you off and try a new one. Every drug affects every person differently, so they really have no clue what will work for you and what won’t.

7 Likes