I just cant get motivated to get my life organized

It’s probably negative symptoms of schizophrenia. What really helped me with motivation was an antidepressant called bupropion. Recently I was put on Abilify depot and find that it gives me more motivation also.

One cool trick I found recently that helped me with resistance to do things is the Sedona method. It can be used to eliminate all sorts of negative emotions. I think it’s inveted by these new-agey and spiritual people, that’s totally not me, but I still find it useful, it worked for me, it felt like somebody had done a magic trick on me.
It consists of 4 steps, it will probably take a minute or two to accomplish, but it might not totally work for the first time and might take up to 5 times to work.

Step 1: Focus on an issue you would like to feel better about. If it’s cleaning your room let the feeling come over you, be drenched in it.
Step 2: Ask yourself: Could I let this feeling go? Ask this question in your head(don’t need to say it out loud) and aswer it, like you would be talking to yourself. You can answer yes or no, both are acceptable.
Step 3: Ask yourself the basic question: Would I? Am I willing to let go? Again, a yes or no question, both answers are acceptable.
Step 4: Ask yourself this simpler question: When can I let this feeling go? What I usually answer is right now but you can have different answers also. After that step the feeling of resistance should lessen.

This seems so simple and I was very sceptical at first but it did help me lessen the resistance to go to the gym a lot.

2 Likes

Dude man… Don’t turn to drugs to change your life.

I got a job and now it’s my reference point for my life.

Keep in mind that I spent the last 20 yrs just hanging out and being antisocial.

So if I can do it anybody can.

1 Like