I hope to finish school & get a job in that field one day

I hope I can go back to school in fall of 2020 maybe 1 or 2 classes then eventually graduate community college, bachelors degree then get a career in that field. But what field?? Maybe something like environmental science

3 Likes

maybe I shouldn’t go down on my abilify if im considering this on second thought. I was really bored when I thought I should go down on my abilify now I dont think so.

1 Like
1 Like

How about a pharmacist? Lol. what type of schooling do you have to do for that??

Dunno. I don’t think it’s easy though.

1 Like

How about this data scientist. it’s #25 and it involves using statistics. When I was a junior in HS I got the highest grade of 99.5 for the semester in my statistics class. I even did statistics for the basketball team as my extraciricular activity

data scientist-
a person employed to analyze and interpret complex digital data, such as the usage statistics of a website, especially in order to assist a business in its decision-making.

maybe ill look into it

2 Likes

I think pharmacist is easier than data science. I mean the term gets thrown around a lot, but a lot of the top people work in silicon valley and make six figures. A lot of masters or PhD in their field. I think data analyst or something is entry level. Just my 2 cents.

It’s a sexy field right now.

1 Like

1 Like

Do You like history ? You could be a historian

My mom told me about actuarial field. When I first heard about it, I hated it. But now it seems perfect. I think it’s very hard though. I’m pretty sure I can’t do it. It requires just a ba, passing some hard tests, pays well, has good job security, your not overworked, and frequently is a top job in America. A lot of actuaries work in Hartford, Connecticut. Its basically pricing insurance and risk. They even have pension field.

If that sounds interesting and you love math, do it. Milton Friedman did economics because he thought actuarial science was hard. He ended up winning a nobel prize.

1 Like

What do Historians do?? Work at a museum? Write??

I have no idea. Maybe become academics like work at a university or teach? Maybe go into administration eventually?

I think having a BA is good for most people; a way to get into middle class making 30 bucks an hour. I know, it sounds petty, but most people want a diploma nowadays. I feel like it’s the new high school diploma.

I want to try being an electrical engineer. According to BLS, the job growth sucks (I guess it improved recently) due to decreased manufacturing in America. Hopefully, that will change some day.

I basically want to do EECS, electrical engineering and computer science. It’s less programming and stuff compared to a CS major, but more hands on stuff like building cool robots or designing/inventing things. I could use a hobby and a career. I don’t have good social skills so engineering sounds cool. I guess I could do mathematics too, but it just seems too hard/abstract for me.

I want to have a small business sort of like my step-father. He’s an engineer.

My problem is once I gain skills, how do I convince people to give me their money! lol. Some people are just really talented in doing that. I’m not. I feel I need to be competent and build a reputation in what I do. I’m very unsure of myself at the moment.

having a BA guarantees nothing

definitely not 30 dollars an hour

it only proves you’ve accomplished something

Yes, it does. And that’s what most employers are looking for. It shows commitment, responsibility, risk, and accomplishment. Not all degrees are equal, I’ll give you that.

Let’s see some statistics, and not opinion/anecdotal evidence.

for Phil to get 26 an hour

he had to go through a long apprenticeship

which included classes and getting an A.A.

then he became a journeyman and locked in at his rate with the union.

1 Like

They have much a more interesting life I think

I don’t really know what they do but I giggle the idea

Follow you dreams, just know being a data scientist is incredibly difficult. The math is very advanced. The highest tier stuff that undergraduate degrees have to offer. There isn’t too much programming from my knowledge, but the math is very intensive. Good luck

2 Likes

I’ve read stories of data scientists coming from Stanford and the like with PhDs in physics. It’s pretty remarkable and how physics modeling and large data sets is relevant to companies like google.

My friend is a software engineer and he’s very, very smart. He told me their data scientist is like a rockstar. Their data scientist does AI stuff and advanced math. It’s pretty crazy and lucrative.

I know I couldn’t do it. When I first heard about data science, I found it really interesting. They’re like wizards lol.

1 Like