I have to remove my wisdom teeth

I saw a new dentist two weeks ago and they took an image of my teeth and gums and the doc said I have to remove my wisdom teeth at one point. They will start hurting but no one knows when.

I decided to leave them as they are until I have symptoms, then I will remove.

In the meantime, because I am not flossing, I have a lot of cavities so I have lots of appointments in the next 2 months. I think I have 5 cavities that need work.

Monday I have an appointment for cleaning my teeth, I will ask the dentist if he can also do a whitening treatment.

Hmmm… I had my wisdom teeth taken out but I didn’t wait till I had any symptoms

I am worried about getting drugged up on these meds. I am already not very stable. On youtube, it seems it is a general anesthesia but my friend said it is local? How did yours go?

I had two wisdom teeth out a couple of years ago, just in the dentists chair with the needle, local anaesthetic. It didn’t hurt, it gave me great relief. The pain that they were causing was tremendous.

1 Like

I had mine removed with injections of novocaine in the gums, it took about a minute to remove all 4, very quick and painless.

1 Like

It hurts at first but it will feel much better when u get those out. I have all mine removed and i feel fine

1 Like

My wisdom teeth removal went perfectly fine but honestly I was scared and I thought it make me say things I didn’t mean but the anesthesia I think was local.

1 Like

When you have your wisdom teeth removed, your face will probably swell up and you’ll look like Steve Lawrence.

2 Likes

I will see my dentist on Monday, I will ask his opinion and if he recommends removing them, I will I guess.

1 Like

Yea good idea. The problem with mine is that they grew sideways into the teeth next to them so I had to get them removed as well. I still have a mouth full of teeth (my own). I had lady dentists both times and I think their smaller hands made it easy.

It had been a long time between dentist visits for me so I was VERY nervous. They were really kind to me. And the assistant who was just a young girl was particularly sweet to me, kept telling me I was doing really well and holding my shoulder.

1 Like

I hate having more appointments. I already see my doctor and therapist and now a dentist!

1 Like

I’m with you, I hate having appointments. I hate having to be somewhere. I’m ok with getting to work on time, early in fact, but appointments really bother me.

I think that’s half the reason I gave up my psychologist.

1 Like

The problem is, I am always hoping that something will work for me and I will feel healthy enough to stop seeing my pdoc every three weeks. I am sick all the time Now on Lexapro I am a little better but is a never-ending fluctuation. I am just not stable enough to take long breaks from healthcare.

1 Like

It is your teeth of course, so i wholely respect your decision of removing wisdom teeth later.

Yet i give you this hint. sometimes, not always, they crowd the other teeth. This means your other teeth may become crooked if you wait too long.

I am not saying to hightail it back to the dentist… I am saying as soon as you feel a tightness of the teeth or a slight pain of the wisdom teeth erupting from the gum, it is time to go to the dentist.

best wishes

1 Like

It’s a tough road you’re on, but you are doing well. And you’re doing your best and that’s all anyone can ask of you.

Three weeks is very frequent. I see my pdoc monthly atm but I’m going really well on zeldox (geodon) thanks to you (:heart:) so he might drop me back to six weekly visits soon.

TBH I think he’s fed up with me. He seemed to get really shitty with me when I called him when I was doing poorly late last year.

1 Like

Most docs are just sick and tired. My pdoc has no energy for me.
He thinks he is over medicating me, I think I am not medicated enough. Now on Lexapro I already feel so different, my whole work attitude changed. Insanity sucks big time. I can not believe we have to go through this.
I wanna postpone my appointments but I am not getting better, every time I postpone an appointment, I get ill within two weeks and see him again.

I have not found the right combination yet. But for real I am really pushing myself.

I am glad Geodon is working for you, it has been the best medication for me. I only feel sane on this medication. Abilify and Latuda made me become someone else!

1 Like

I had mine removed because they were coming in sideways and were going to hit my other teeth and mess them up big time. I had local anesthesia. It didn’t hurt at all to get them out. But my face got really swollen afterwards and I couldn’t take the pain killer because it made me throw up (throwing up with your face swollen is not fun). I was not taking APs or ADs at the time, so no med interaction to worry about.

I would still get it done sooner rather than later because it might make things complicated if you wait, I’m guessing.

1 Like

I don’t have to remove my wisdom teeth as they have settled into place. So luckily for me I don’t need to remove them!

1 Like

I had all 4 of mine out with just lidocaine. Then we discovered I was allergic to lidocaine. It was a fun time. But the removal was really quick and painless.

1 Like

I’m so scared I only have 3 wisdom teeth and dentists keep telling me to remove them. But nothing hurts or anything so why do they want to do that to me?

1 Like