I have to lie

In my Spanish Intensive class I’m forced to lie. I tell that I’m a civil servant (I actually start in September). I lie about my employment gaps when I have to talk about my résumé. I don’t tell I have mental illness.

I used to be very (read: too) honest and now I’m basically getting used to the experience of having to lie. It feels like growing up in a way.

Do you have to lie a lot IRL?

6 Likes

No, i am honest all the way. I am a bad lier but the truth has different perspectives and interpretations.

2 Likes

Needs must…

Sucks having to though. :plunger:

2 Likes

I know. But the truth would make people uncomfortable (and maybe scared).

So, I don’t.

I think it’s for the best.

2 Likes

Yes, that is true.

Remember their prejudice won’t keep them warm tonight. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

i have a really hard time lying… i suck at it. people notice when i lie easily.

3 Likes

No. If I don’t want to discuss something I will simply tell people so. I don’t like lying or having to remember lies. Too much work.

6 Likes

Yeah i dont tell people things or ill shade the truth for mental healths case.
Do what ya gotta do. Eh politicians do it all the time they say “were looking into it” and it never gets addressed. :smile:

4 Likes

lol yea true =D haha

2 Likes

No i don t like lies at all but past month i told my barber that i m english teacher and i am big fan of real madrids goal keeper coiurtoai.i mean i really like him.he is real legend but all that was awkward.i don t know why i told him such a big lies.weird😰

1 Like

Courtois is a Belgian and speaks Spanish excellently!

1 Like

I can’t lie. But sometimes I don’t tell truth. Signal others that I am not obliged to give details of personal things or other things for that matter.

1 Like

I think language classes just have a dynamic where everyone has to lie :grinning:

1 Like

Yes and he is real legend.number one

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.