I have psych testing tomorrow?

I am not really sure what it is. My therapist and the test person mentioned something about IQ and personality and I’m not sure what else. I have no idea what I’ll be doing but it’s a looong testing session! I’m really interested to see the results though. Anyone else done anything like this?

1 Like

When I was young they did a psych assessment on me they did verbal and cognitive tests on me even calculated my IQ. This helped me qualify for special services at school.

1 Like

What is it all about.???1

Yeah I did a full day of it. They have you do math and English tests.

They tell you things and you are supposed to remember what they told you but they change the conversation on you so you can’t really remember it

They also ask you trivia questions. They asked me who wrote Sherlock Holmes. I knew that but they also asked me what the most widely spoken language in the world was. I said Spanish and she gave me a hint as to large population and I changed my answer to Mandarin. So not sure if I got that right or not.

That’s what I can remember anyway. Good luck. My examiner ruled out sz as a diagnosis but I still got labeled with it anyway so it wasn’t much help

1 Like

I took some psych tests. For me they were looking for signs of dementia. So, they asked me memory questions. Read stories to me and asked me to repeat as many details as I could. They also read lists of words and asked me if some words were in the list. They also did some intelligence tests. They had me arrange blocks to make patterns. The whole test took about 3.5 hours.

1 Like

I was part of a study on schizophrenics held at Stanford University years ago. A bunch of third year students under the supervision of a Stanford professor strapped electrodes on my head and put me in a soundproof booth and flashed stuff on a screen in front me and recorded my responses. It was interesting and I did it about 7 or 8 times but they paid me for each session anywhere from $40.00 to a $100.00. As part of the study they once gave me an MRI.

1 Like

Well I did it, pretty standard stuff I’ve learned about before. Mood questionnaire. Something to test reaction time that I’ve had to do in several research studies before.IQ test thingy. Then MMPI. I find out my results in a week, I’m excited!

I have this coming up as well. Its neuropsychiatric/neuropsychological testing.

I used to get all excited about iq tests before too. But then I realized that whether it says I’m stupid or smart, nothing actually changes.

I’m aware of that I just think it’s fun to know. I already have a rough idea of where I stand anyways.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree, I’m still a sucker for those kinds of tests.

1 Like