I have a psychiatrist appointment for the first time in 5 years

I couldn’t book it myself but at least I have it. Only one month away now.

1 Like

Good luck! Hopefully they can help you.

1 Like

Thank you, thats my hope too.

1 Like

best of luck with the appointment!

1 Like

After I was diagnosed and hospitalized then released in 2004/2005 I stopped seeing a pdoc. my family doctor prescribed me my meds. I didn’t start seeing a pdoc again until 2018. So that is about a 13 year stretch without seeing a pdoc. I haven’t seen my current pdoc or family doctor in almost 2 years because of the pandemic but I have spoken to them on the phone a few times.

2 Likes

That’s good. Have you been off meds this whole time?

1 Like

Yes I have been off meds for years, I was stabilized fairly well and didn’t have many problems until this past year when a ton of added stress triggered what I am thinking is the onset of psychosis.

2 Likes

Good luck with your appointment… Let the countdown begin!

1 Like

I hope the appointment goes well and that you like your new pdoc. What’s happening that concerns you?

1 Like

Thank you. I have SZA so my depression is definitely a concern. It has gotten very bad along with mood swings & delusions. I’ve also been experiencing lots of confusion & paranoia. Occasionally I’ll have audio hallucinations but they are not very bothersome.

1 Like

Yeah, it sounds like you need help so I hope they’re good to you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.