I have $1.70 in the bank

Gee, I’m rich. At least it’s six days to go until I get my Social Security check.

How are you holding up for money?

3 Likes

I recently moved most of my money to other areas outside of checking.

What I moved into bonds is untouchable for a year.

I plan on spending only those monies deposited into checking. This will prevent me from spending more than I have coming in, unless I were to dip into other sources. I plan on moving more money out of checking and into other areas as it accumulates.

I’m fine on money atm.

Sorry that you are struggling @anon54988740 .

2 Likes

Bonds? Sounds cool! Id like to know more.

2 Likes

Home — TreasuryDirect

1 Like

Thanks Bowens. All my bills are paid, and I have food to eat for the week, so I should be okay.

1 Like

I have enough money for the bus today and tomorrow. I have no idea what I’m going to do next week for the bus or for kerosene for the upcoming frigid days.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that @anon4362788. My monthly bus pass expires February 8th after I get my check. Do they offer a monthly pass. Where you are?

Sorry @anon4362788
You are in very hard position…
I can fully understand you, cause I’m dependent too

1 Like

They do. My van is just in the shop. Usually I take it.

2 Likes

Eh,it is what it is. Just a perfect storm of bad timing. My van needed repair amd it took all of my last check and will take most of the next.

2 Likes

I have $34 in cash and less than $100 in checking and a trip to the Veterinarian tomorrow. I am hoping I have enough to cover the bill, they are very expensive. I have no real idea what is the trouble with my Kitty Kins so it could be cheap and simple or complicated and expensive testing and a bunch of meds. I’m fretting.

2 Likes

Got $353 in the bank and six days left of the month i think. i’ll do alright.

2 Likes

I earned fairly amount of money but I am spending very much. I have not much bank balance. $700 in bank account. And I will have to pay $500 for my daughter 's college fees in next month. But I will receive my salary on 31st January.
The extra money i received $1750 a few days before, l paid its most parts for my bank loan principle.

1 Like

Will you be able to eat until your next check?

1 Like

This is what I like to call the good kind of broke. It really sucks but you’re not in danger of being evicted or having lights shut off. So I’ll take the good kind of broke over the bad kind any day.

I have a little over a hundred in my checking. I had to dip into rent money this week to avoid an overdraft but I get paid several hundred today for participating in a clinical trial. That will replace what I took out and then some. I’m really grateful that they pay me for doing it.

2 Likes

I’m doing fine money wise. I’ve shifted from the stock market to the bond market.

I hope you can save some money in the future. You’ve mentioned your SSDI before and it’s a similar amount to mine. You should be able to put some money aside each month for emergencies and take it from there.

2 Likes

I’ll be fine on food ZmaGal. I just got some food from the Food Bank yesterday.

2 Likes

My £1200 overdraft and credit cards have been closed now I have a court appointed deputyship that now manages my money. Social services took me to court and was awarded deputyship because I failed a capacity assessment.

Apart from that I’m doing fine, no money worries.

1 Like

I have less than $5, too.

1 Like

I am within budget. I should be good to go. This month we are getting a one time transportation grant of TT$1000.

2 Likes