I had an emotional breakdown

First of all I am no longer able to sleep and wake up with my normal schedule. :confused:

I slept at 3 am and woke up at 11:30 am and had 15 minutes to get ready because my friend was taking me to my Pdoc today.

I started taking Ativan everyday along with L Theanine so I feel extra drowsy in the mornings.

I reached there and when I started talking to my doctor I tried hard to stop myself from crying.

He tried to help me. I told him my resentment is ruining my life, my relationship is not working out and I am miserable.
He asked me if I would feel better if I leave. Honestly I do not even know what I need.

He did not want to give me medication for anxiety. He said you are sad and angry, does not mean you need medication to suppress your feelings. :frowning: :frowning_face:

Then I asked him if he could refer me to a psychotherapist and he said they charge 150 bucks per session the least, so he said he will talk to my therapist and see if I can get psychotherapy at the hospital. Which is some hope.

4 Likes

I hope you can get treatment soon! I am so sorry over your issues!

1 Like

I am very sad too for similar reasons! My reactions are also the same!

1 Like

All I know is that you said you were happy when you were on 80mg/80mg. Can you not try that again?

1 Like

sorry @anon1571434 It is like a battle everyday to be positive and look at the bright side. I don’t know why I suffer so much with this.

@everhopeful I already increased from 20 to 40 it has been 10 days so I am taking 40 in the morning and 8- at night. I am too drowsy. If I take 80 I will sleep all day.

1 Like

I mean the best way (for me) to feel better was to exercise and this communication class helps a lot bit when it comes to love.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re going through this, @mermaid1. I hope you start to feel better soon, that you figure out what it is that you need.

1 Like

Were you like this on the abilify injection? I seem to remember you were better on that too.

1 Like

I do not like Abilify. It makes me so lazy and sleepy other than the weight gain. I could not do the dishes for 3 days once.

1 Like

I am sorry that you are not feeling well @mermaid1.
I hope that things work out for you soon.

1 Like

Things can get better. It doesn’t always have to be this way. Maybe if you treat yourself to a movie with a friend. Or maybe go out to eat with a friend. Do you have people you can confide in? That might help.

2 Likes

Thank you @crimby I already feel a bit better.
I was gonna go to the gym but I am still sore.

I will make dinner, take my meds and just chill for the night then watch something on Netflix.

1 Like

It sounds like you overdid it at the gym. These med’s slow us down a little. One time I tried to work out with weights like I did when I was 25, and I was so sore I could barely move for two weeks. Putting on a shirt was a struggle. People on med’s like us have to sneak up on the exercise.

2 Likes

Yeah it is helping me a lot for my wellbeing though. I feel much more energetic and also a bit more peaceful. My constant agitation seems to have gone.

I am doing hot yoga (Bikram) and Zumba.

Soon I will start swimming on Fridays.

1 Like

Sounds good. What prevents me from exercising is my back, but there is a long, steep hill I might walk up and down over the weekend. It’s by a school, so I won’t do that during the weekdays.

2 Likes

Your pdoc seems to have known what to say. You should accept your feelings, no matter how weepy you feel. Crying is not a bad thing. You could do with less Ativan. It would be challenging, but you would feel better.

1 Like

well I hope you get to feeling better . I am on prolixin (fluphenazine generic) and I feel great…you might ask about it. good luck.

1 Like

Thank you @martinhersey1 it is a constant struggle.