I guess I don't like being disbelieved on Reddit about a possible learning difficulty

I guess I don’t like being disbelieved. It’s like I’m being accused of lying There must be some reason I only scored 77(73-83) on the JCTI untimed test which is non-verbal (site account is suspended-don’t know if that is permanent) 40 on the JCTI timed test (38-54) again non-verbal , 73 on Mensa Hungary (non -verbal) 65 on MyIQintelligence test (non-verbal) https://discovermyprofile.com/tag/Intelligence . Yet I have good/very good verbal skills. If it’s not due to a learning difficulty then something really strange is going on.

Cerebrals%20society%20non%20verbal

JCTI%20timed%20culture%20fair%20test

Have you been tested? It might be tough to get. It can be a long, expensive ordeal to get a learning disability.

The jcti if I remember is designed for the very high scorers. I think I got 105. I don’t think it was accurate in my case, but who knows. It is an online test, and I’m not in their range.

I don’t take IQ tests/scores seriously, even when given in person by a psychologist. Online IQ tests I take even less seriously; I consider them to be purely for entertainment value.

1 Like

That’s the problem . I couldn’t afford to go private and the NHS psychiatric lot have never considered it because my pdocs see me as highly/very intelligent. Also if you’re good verbally it’s often presumed you’re good non-verbally , which isn’t always true.

1 Like

The ones I quoted are reckoned to be as legit as those kind go . There’s a pattern here that can’t be discounted especially as most online IQ tests are more likely to inflate your score so you can tell others and they’re persuaded to try the site out(clickbait?) .

1 Like

Clearly, it is underestimating your total IQ. So I don’t think it’s accurate. None of them are. I’ve scored like 90ish to 140ish on online tests. All I can say is I seem above average and I struggle with daily tasks due to schizophrenia.

If I have an IQ of 90, it wouldn’t make much sense since I did pretty well in college. It doesn’t much matter anyways. It matters what you did or do in life.

My psychiatrist said my IQ was 110 one time based on observation. She said I could be an engineer or programmer, but not a mathematician or physicist. So IQ doesn’t much matter once you’re above 100 imo.

It’s fairly accurately assessing my non-verbal intelligence rather than my total IQ (which can’t be accurately measured because of my spiky/uneven cognitive profile). A sign of a learning difficulty(what Americans call a learning disability) is a significant non-verbal vs verbal gap.

@anon4362788 we don’t use the R word here because it is highly stigmatizing to people with intellectual delays.

But it is a real condition…sorry…I wasn’t using it as an insult. What would be a better way to describe it? That’s the word they used.

@anon4362788 I never said I was 'borderline R word ’ or totally dumb. Most people with what we call learning difficulties in the UK have average or above intelligence . I actually scored 22/25 on a short Wonderlic type test which indicated an IQ between 138-162 . Pdocs have reckoned me to be highly/very intelligent . It’s even possible to be gifted with a learning difficulty . What I do have is a spiky profile with much higher verbal than non-verbal intelligence. A significant non-verbal vs verbal gap occurs in a minority of people. With most people they fall very close together.

Jesus Christ. R word. How about challenged. It’s only bad if someone is using it as an insult.

And @firemonkey don’t get so fired up. I was referring to the numbers. Geez. That is what such a low number is. I was TRYING to say you were intelligent. Don’t worry I won’t do that again since it obviously upsets you…and btw, read again, I said you can have a disability and be intelligent. Again geez.

1 Like

And don’t bother replying directly to me. I’m out.

1 Like

I wasn’t ‘fired up’ . Just correcting some misapprehensions you had.

It was a real condition in the early 90s. They stopped using it because of the negative stigma that even doctors were attaching to the word.

1 Like

I hate online iq tests, it always tell me in the top 10% 15% and when I did the actual test from a psychologyst I was only in the 30%…

Your need @firemonkey to do so many tests might be from unknowing yourself/doubting your abilities /over think. Don’t worry, if I learn one thing is that we’re all so Fricking FUKED UP, that we fit right in with the normies

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.