I found a new way to use Geodon

I’m so excited right now with the help from my doctor we have devised a new way for me to use Geodon so that I’m not tired during the day(as I was taking it twice a day) and without getting so dizzy, light headed and symptomatic in the evenings(as I was taking it only at night). I now take my main dose of 120mg at 8:30 but now I have a 20mg capsule I can take at 4pm. It has kept my symptoms in check and I no longer get dizzy from withdrawl. I’m so pleased right now.

13 Likes

What medicine you’ve took before?I’m on clozapine,but seriosly think about Geodon.

1 Like

So good to hear!!

1 Like

Hang in there. It takes a while to get it all together but it’s a process that is worth it! Good you could work with your doctor to help you out. Keep on keeping on!

2 Likes

@anon70049667 I’ve been on Rexulti, Abilify, Zyprexa, Risperidone, and Haldol before trying Geodon. By far Geodon has had the least side effects for me and has been the most effective.

I take 20 mg Geodon in the mornings and 80 at night.

1 Like

I’m glad you found a way around the annoying half life issue of Geodon. I used to be on 80/80 and it would make me HAVE to sleep during the day. Splitting the dose didn’t help me, meaning taking more at bedtime, because I would always get my symptoms back after taking the smaller amount. I was still working when taking 80/80 and it really raised suspicion when I slept during my lunch breaks every day.

I hope your current regimen continues to work for you!

1 Like