I finally went to a restaurant

I finally went to a restaurant and sat down at a table. I’m starting to work on my social phobia. I’m afraid to eat at restaurants because I have a fear of throwing up. I’m going to take baby steps. I am planning on drinking first, and then eating. I am planning on eating 1 bite at first, and then eating 2 bites the next time…and gradually eating more and more until I eat a whole plate.

11 Likes

You’re showing a lot of fortitude by facing your fears.

3 Likes

Thank you crimby…15151515

1 Like

Good for you, I know how hard it can be,

I am nervous about driving on the highway, but with my new job I have to drive on the highway sometimes. So far there hasn’t been any problems which is good.

2 Likes

Good for you. One step at a time. :elephant::elephant::elephant:

2 Likes

Yeah I have a lot of phobias especially surrounding eating at restaurants.

Good for you @Jake!

More power to you!

3 Likes

Good for you @Jake. One step at a time.

1 Like

The other day I actually ‘felt’ something. I felt an emotion which is rare for me

The situation was my friend couldn’t join me for dinner, so I was out alone looking for a place to eat. I booked a table at a posh restuarant but when I in, the place was full and I felt uncomfortable eating alone. People might think who is this weirdo eating on his own but wearing smart clothing

I took my overdressed self to a local takeout and grabbed something cheap and cheerful to eat

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.