I feel too drugged up

I can’t take stimulants to fix it. What to do?
I am on 5mg risperidone.

1 Like

I feel paralyzed.

Water helps to wash it out.

Why not stimulants?

1 Like

My Dr said they will make me psychotic and I will end up in mental hospital.

2 Likes

Well, what if you took them on occasions, like on days where you just want to be a little more upbeat? (sorry I’m being the devil on your shoulder)

2 Likes

Hey @Aziz I know you’re always posting about how bad the negative symptoms are for you and how sedating the medication is.

I just want you to know that I see you, and I really appreciate how active you are on the forum. I’ve struggled with negative symptoms for longer than I’ve had positive symptoms, combined with depression and med sedation.

It’s not easy, but we have to keep up the struggle

Power to you dude. Much respect from the west coast

9 Likes

They destabilize me.

1 Like

Thanks. 1545554

4 Likes

I see, well that sucks. Have you tried any other aytpical antidepressants such as modafinal?

1 Like

Modafinil is for ADHD and narcolepsy. I saw 2 pdocs and one recommended Modafinil but she then wanted me on Clozapine instead. I will ask my Dr about Modafinil and Pitolisant (I read it can help sz negative and cognitive symptoms).

Yeah, it’s just that modafinil is sort of a stimulant, actually I’m not even sure what exactly it is. But it might be worth trying. I’m gonna look up real quick what it actually does

1 Like

Mechanism of action

Modafinil acts as an atypical, selective, and weak dopamine reuptake inhibitor which indirectly activates the release of orexin neuropeptides and histamine from the lateral hypothalamus and tuberomammillary nucleus, respectively all of which may contribute to heightened arousal.

2 Likes

Im gonna do more reading on it.

1 Like

What if you tell him you’re desperate and are willing to risk it by taking a small dose of a stimulant. As an experiment. Tell him if you notice any psychotic symptoms you’ll stop taking them immediately…but only if you’re able to follow through on that promise if you do become psychotic.

4 Likes

Recent studies in animal models, healthy adults and adults with psychiatric and neurological disorders indicate that modafinil improves prefrontal cognitive functions. This suggests that modafinil is a leading candidate for the treatment of cognitive dysfunction in schizophrenia .

1 Like

Ok, honestly I can’t concentrate long enough to actually figure out what modafinal does, but you should talk to your pdoc about it.

1 Like

Yea I will call my family Dr tomorrow. I don’t have a psychiatrist now. Thanks.

1 Like

Sending a fist bump to ya bruv. Hope you’re able to get some relief.

:heart:

3 Likes

I also enjoy your posts dude.

3 Likes