I feel relieved!

My Mom got approved for Hospice!
The really nice Nurse explained everything to us and reassured us.
I’m sad to see her deteriorate like this but at least we’re getting some support.
We are trying to make the remaining time as comfortable as possible.

I love you Mom! :heart:

19 Likes

I’m sure it must be such a relief!

Happy you are getting the support you need.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon54386108!

2 Likes

That is great news. I think it really is the best thing for everyone

2 Likes

Thanks @anon94176359!

2 Likes

Good to hear. I hope it helpsyou through this.

2 Likes

Thank you @anon4362788!

2 Likes

I’m so glad. Hospice was a great comfort to all of us when my dad was sick. Ask the nurse about if they still have grief counseling and support groups available. They helped me a lot with working through things.

2 Likes

That is good news! I wish the best for you and your mom. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Glad that you, your family, and your mom will be getting support @Wave :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Great news! Hospice has such good support available for the patient as well as their family. The hospice where I volunteer has a dedicated Bereavement Coordinator who works with families for up to one year after their loved one’s passing. Like ninjastar said, she runs support groups besides the individual counseling. We also have social workers and chaplains to provide good services, on top of the nursing aides, nurses, and attending physicians. It must be a relief for her to be approved.

3 Likes

The Nurse talked to us about the different support programs they have to offer for the family including respite care.

Thanks @Ninjastar @FatMama @Schztuna and @anon39736208

4 Likes

Oh, that’s right, I forgot about respite care. We have a big network of volunteers who assist with that in addition to the clinical staff who do it. Basically the family tells the volunteer coordinator what types of services they would like, and then they make a volunteer match. Volunteers do things like play games, assist with crafts and hobbies, paint nails and do hair, visit patients, run errands for the families, sometimes grocery shopping and things like that. I only work in the office, but I know all those things are done by the patient support volunteers. It’s such a supportive program. A different hospice helped us when my grandfather passed from liver cancer back in 2007. That’s why I chose a hospice for my volunteer work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.