I feel numb

My brain feels numb, so do my emotions. It’s not from meds. Does anyone else deal with this? Is it common with schizophrenia?

1 Like

I’m not sure. Since starting APs, I’ve had a harder time showing emotions. I already didn’t express emotions, but now it’s worse. In my family if we cried, we were given a reason to cry. In other words crying caused beatings. I don’t cry now

2 Likes

That’s the same way my raising was.

2 Likes

Ok. So that makes it hard. Try letting yourself feel and express pain while alone

2 Likes

I’ve been flat more often in the past few weeks. Can’t show a lot of emotion, or facial expression. I’m unmedicated. I experience it from time to time for years, but it’s never been this consistent before.

1 Like

I also feel emotionally numb. Sometimes I just get tired of it all.

1 Like

I feel numb sometimes and have a hard time crying even at funerals

2 Likes

Sometimes I cry but no tears come out

2 Likes

It is weird. Sometimes I like feeling numb. What does that make me haha

3 Likes

Sometimes it takes away the pain of being human

2 Likes

Yes that must be it. It is like an emotional blanket sometimes

2 Likes

I guess that’s the point of comfortably numb song title.

2 Likes

Yeah, sit back and let the nothing cover you

2 Likes

Yes i have this for many years now

1 Like

I prefer it tbh

2 Likes

You wouldn’t be saying that if it was for many years and nothing can be done about it??

Oh really. How comes

1 Like

I probably would. I’m not a fan of emotions, or emotional things, even when I’m not flat. Being flat feels more honest.

Well you wouldn’t really know unless youd been through it??

This is true. But being numb makes it difficult to have honest relationships with normal people. I feel dishonest showing emotion I don’t have to present normal.

4 Likes