Schizophrenia.com

I feel like making a thread

So I feel like things are improving on aripiprazole!!!

(somewhat)

I feel a bit less zombie and a bit more human

Did anyone go through this with their ap. So it started off really really zombie and then it got a tiny bit less zombie, enough to notice a difference

12 Likes

Yes I felt like a zombie on 20mg abilify. But that didn’t really go away. I’m on 15mg now and don’t feel like a zombie.

2 Likes

Risperidone, when I first started on it. I was half asleep for weeks, but the fog slowly cleared.

Happy it’s working for you!

1 Like

It was worry a little

1 Like

Thanks @Ooorgle likewise to ya. Your on geodon now though? Why did you change it

1 Like

I felt like a zombie my first couple months on Geodon, and it went away. I feel like me now.

1 Like

Not going to lie, the first couple of months aripiprazole has this super happy effect going on. It wanes a little over time but aripiprazole has been good to me so far. I might say it has been the antipsychotic I’ve had the best reaction to. Once in awhile I still have a few symptoms such as auditory hallucinations. For the most part, it works for me. Delusions are mostly a thing of the past. (Except my delusions about A.I. and aliens hehe) it has been good to me and I hope that it is good to you as well.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Back on risperidone, I believe geodon was causing me liver pains, had to go off. After my upcoming surgery I’ll try something new.

3 Likes

Thank you @ilovethaifood, glad it has been good to you for the most part. I still struggle with several side effects but the zombiness feeling is less severe as I said and that is something I wasn’t sure if the day would ever come.

1 Like

Best wishes with the surgery @Ooorgle

1 Like

What do you mean?

Abilify didn’t work for me. :frowning: I am on Saphris, and no matter the dose, I feel like a zombie for about eight hours afterwards. I keep falling asleep, too. When I need to be alert in the mornings, I either have to skip a dose (not good) or drink a couple of Monsters (also not good). I can’t win for losing!

Anyhow, I hope the Abilify keeps working for you. I’m happy it’s helping.

3 Likes

Thanks, and I know what you mean about the caffeine. That really makes a difference.

But I have a fear of caffeine I need to stop drinking it.

You never know with time that sleepiness thing may lessen. How long have you been on saphris maybe it’s still quite new for the body

You are having surgery? Let me know how you are!

1 Like

I’ve never been on that medicine but I’m very happy that you are doing better. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thankyou @CuriousGeorge. I’m liking your new name too btw

1 Like

I am, gall bladder has to come out. Should be No biggie but my voices are making me nervous. Just how it goes.

1 Like

Awww thanks. I just wanted a fun change. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’ve been on it for at least three years. I don’t think it’ll wear off at this point lol!

1 Like

I had mine removed. It was an emergency but it went super. It will be okay but I understand why you are worried. You will be asleep the whole time! It will be a nice nap! :wink: Let me know how it goes.

3 Likes