I don't want my parents to die before me

I can’t imagine how devastated I will be. I don’t think I’ll be able to hold it together. They are such good people! My parents are in their mid and late 80s. They are in incredible shape. But we all know things like that can change in a heartbeat. Please let me go first.

4 Likes

Aww that’s a sad thought.
I’m in the same boat as you @FatMama.
My parents are in their mid and late 80s.

I will miss them when it’s time to go.
Makes me very sad.

1 Like

I’ll be devastated when my mom goes, hopefully that’s no time soon

1 Like

Its tough, but it’ll be tougher if you’re not prepared. Get everything squared away so you know what to do when the time comes.

I would hate not to be prepared and have all that responsibility while trying to cope with my grief.

2 Likes

I couldn’t imagine something happening to my parents. I’d rather go before them, but I couldn’t imagine the pain they would endure if that happened. Either way it sucks, but death inevitable

1 Like

I’m the baby of the family. My siblings will take over responsibilities thankfully. I just can’t even handle the thought of them gone. They are wonderful people.

My mom’s in her mid fifties. I’d be really crushed if she was gone, more than anybody else.

2 Likes

@FatMama

Both of my parents are gone. It’s difficult, but it made me stronger. I hope you don’t lose your parents first, but death is a natural part of death. I don’t know if this helped, but I’m trying to.

Take care, hon.

1 Like

I really don’t have re affirming words but I can share that fear with you. I think my life would be over if my parents died and I know they will before me. I just hope something works out. So shared sentiment. Hugs

1 Like

Yeah, i know what you mean @FatMama. My dad is 60 and my mum will be 56 this year. Although they aren’t as old as your parents, i still cannot believe that they are the age they are. Seems impossible. They’re both in great shape, like yours, but i just can’t imagine life without them.

2 Likes

They’re hoping you outlive them. No one (or usually no one) wants their child to die before them.

2 Likes

I am very sensitive about this topic don’t want my mom n dad to go ever but they will one day …hopefully by then I will be on right meds …

1 Like

My parents are in their 80s too and in good shape. I believe they will outlive me. I’m overweight and take medication. I am in ok shape but am in my 50s and know things go downhill from here.

2 Likes

I think I will probably go before my parents. I’ve had some serious suicide attempts last year, including one that resulted in me being medevaced to Seattle because they thought I’d need a liver transplant and that was the closest place that did them. But I’m in a better place now and hope my parents never have to grieve over me committing suicide.

1 Like

I feel this way too. I don’t know how I’ll ever live without my mom. When the time comes, we’ll just have to find a new normal.

1 Like

My life will never be the same when my grandmother dies. I know. And she is 91. So the moment will arrive soon. There will be a lot of changes for me and my family when that happens and I feel I’m not ready for this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.