I don't think I want to be in a relationship with a guy ever again

I suppose I’m meant to believe I’m good enough but I just don’t feel it for that kind of relationship.

I think it’s a good idea.

If I don’t feel it then it’s not a good idea cos I’ll feel INSECURE the WHOLE bloody time! It’s not worth it when I’ve got to consider my stress levels as a sza person.
Anyone feel the same or somewhat?

Even if a guy is really nice, I gotta feel it MYSELF that I’m gd enuf to be in a relationship with him

2 Likes

Just be patient you’re still young. If you feel really insecure it might not be the right time for you but you may feel better about your self soon and you’ll be ready for a relationship then. Never say never. good luck @anon90843118

4 Likes

I think it’s especially important for people with our experiences to feel confident and secure in relationships-- if not, the symptoms could pop up or intensify, which wouldn’t be good for us or our partner.

3 Likes

it’s just atm it feels like NEVER lol.

Thx for response.

I dunno why I wanna be ‘perfect’ for a guy or just forget it that’s how my mind works as a sza in the context of relationship with him

1 Like

So true. Yea

1 Like

I feel like I can’t expect a woman to fall in love with me. There has been a few times in the past where it seemed like a woman was making overtures to me, but I didn’t pursue it because I had no idea how I could earn a living. Being mentally ill and having no skills hindered me in the job market. Also, I’m easier to like from a distance. My mental illness is nearly impossible to deal with person to person.

1 Like

It’s kind of sad isn’t it. But I think I’ll hopefully get over it, missing out on guy intimacy

1 Like

I started to love myself more, wich is great and its a really good improvement in my social skills also.

I could have a girlfriend but I’ve been content to be single and I feel like the more I spend time with people, more I don’t like it.

I like to be alone and except for responsibilities like school or work I don’t search more meaningful connections.

I like my life, all I need is coffee ciggaretes internet and a job. The rest is to much

1 Like

Yea I knw wat u mean it does feel kind of liberating in a way, never having to think about being in a relationship with guy

1 Like

It’s only as sad as you think it is. Like Hamlet said in Shakespeare’s play, “There is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so.” I used to long for a relationship with a female soulmate, but by now I’ve realized it probably isn’t going to happen. That realization used to make me hurt, but now I’ve grown used to being alone.

1 Like

Probably just temporary, I bet you it gets better

2 Likes

It may be temporary as @Jonnybegood said, never say never, its just the feeling atm that it’s never is very strong indeed

You just have to get over your insecurities. There are books and guides that can help you love yourself well enough to find a partner.

Part of it has to do with finding a pastime that gives you self-esteem, like part-time work or somesuch.

1 Like

I don’t know why u don’t feel good enough for this guy. You shouldn’t feel like that. He probably has his own problems and you don’t know it. Don’t think so low of yourself. Just go for it.

It’s not really one specific guy. It’s just guys in general. I just feel a growing insecurity when I’m in a relationship with them. It sucks so I say forget it.

And do you know exactly what insecurities do you have? I think a relationship can be good over the basis that both of the partners are not dependant on each other…

Physical things, looks, body shape stuff like that.
If sza didn’t exist in the world then I’d give it more gos maybe

Well, the good thing is that physical things can be heavily improved. And in a “short” period of 6 months or so you can see yourself drastically changed.

I´m now on a journey of changing my appearance. I have done it before, it´s possible and it changes the way you see this things completely.

In my case they will be like: beeing fit, contact lenses, new haircut, do my eyebrows, remove some excess body hair,new and fitting clothes and a nice pair of sneakers.

I don´t know if it´s somehow simmilar for a girl :sweat_smile:

Lol yea it does sound somewhat familiar.
I’m sensitive to the pressure to look good for a guy when in a relationship it stresses me out too much and that stress in itself prompts comfort eating and possibly relapse… A vicious cycle. Plus there’s some physical things bout me that I just can’t permanently change. So yea. I think as @crimby said maybe it’s OK not to b in a relationship with a dude if I think it so.

This is comfortable to hear. :tulip: