I dont think I have sz

Some people on here are saying you need to be psychotic 6-9 months. I’ve only been psychotic twice for less than a month. They diagnosed me after I was out of psychosis. I don’t hallucinate or hear voices. When I’m good I’m a normie. It’s like all my symptoms go away when I’m not psychotic.

What you say wise people?

You probably don’t have schizophrenia. I do have schizophrenia. We are totally different people though.

1 Like

One of the diagnostic criteria for sz is six months of psychosis.

1 Like

I don’t care what you call it - call it a headache. The symptoms don’t change with a name unless you are being slandered with it.

5 Likes

I initially went psychotic for 3-4 weeks. Then after a week of meds I stopped taking them. I was good for 2 year symptom free. Then went psychotic for a few weeks. I’ve been on meds and pretty much symptom free for another two years. I deal with the occasional paranoia. It’s not life crippling, though. I have zero negatives and zero positives right now. I’ve never had negatives and only delusions as positives.

Just because you’ve been symptom free while on meds doesn’t mean you don’t have an illness. It probably just means you found meds that really worked for you and kept your symptoms under control. But if you don’t think you have it then you should get the opinion of your doctor. Asking total strangers on a forum is not the best place for a diagnosis.

4 Likes

Sounds more like brief psychotic break

I think I might have PPD. The thing is being diagnosed sz lessens that. I’m able to use sz as a reality check of sorts. Anytime I get paranoid I just blame it on sz.

Do you get paranoid 24/7

PPD is also postpartum depression so that made me do a double take…Who told you you had sz?

1 Like

Probably his pdoc.

If he is receiving treatment for it, then he probably has it. Doctors don’t diagnose people with schizophrenia lightly.

That’s just it I was in a psych hospital. The pdoc seen me for ten minutes. He then diagnosed me with sz.

1 Like

Doesn’t sound like a good diagnosis unless he seen something from your admission that made him think you have sz. I thought they were quick to diagnose me too but then I remembered I told them I had mild voices for three years

That doesn’t sound good.

I say take your meds no matter what you have.

The doctors didn’t know what I had either but they had to put something down for insurance. So sza it is!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.