I don't remember anything that happened in the hospital

I was taken off the antipsychotics as the pdoc said it was ok to. I don’t advise otherwise. Anyway, I went on Sertraline and since then I can barely remember anything but I got very psychotic and unwell… I think I remember shouting to get out the hospital and knocking on the doors to get out, but my mum said they think I was very quiet and well mannered in the hospital. Is there something I am missing? I really have tried to remember but my memory isn’t coming back …

1 Like

We’ve all said and done embarrassing things while psychotic. I would just let it go and focus on the job hunt.

1 Like

I’m trying very hard on the job front, but I’m very scared of an oncoming episode… terrified. that i will go crazy in the workplace again… it happened the first time when I got psychotic.

1 Like

But you’re on meds now. Which ap do you take? Things should be better this time around.

It’s important that when you’re starting to feel unwell in the workplace you consult a pdoc immediately and potentially up your ap. Also you can take a small break of work if that is what you need.

1 Like

I don’t understand @ish?
You were off your antipsychotic when you had your break?

I thought that you were still on Abilify when you were taking the antidepressant?

Being off the antipsychotic made you psychotic.

Introducing the antidepressant was the straw that broke the camel’s back!

Yes I was off the antipsychotic. I was off it several months. I was very anxious as usual. But the antidepressant pushed me into psychosis… I remember the first day I took the dose at 50mg, I didn’t sleep so I had some psychotic symptoms. I got sleep it went away. Then a few weeks later and the dose was increased to 100mg and that pushed it.

1 Like

Oh ok, understood, thanks

1 Like

But you are probably right, the antidepressant just pushed it sooner than later.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.