I don't really need irl friends!

i dont need them, i have one, he bores me. we just get together and talk now that we no longer drink. which i run out of adult conversation in about an hour. and then want to go be alone after a couple hours. i used to be addicted to my friends when i was young, i could hangout for hours doing the dumbest stuff.

6 Likes

my last psychiatrist said i need more of a social life, other than just family.

My therapist is happy I have a friend who comes by now. The others I only talk to on the phone.

1 Like

Most of my friends were either superficial (if that) or fake backstabbers. I likened it to being Jesus and had a few Judas’.

1 Like

Our ancestors are laughing at our digital addiction. Don’t get me wrong, I have done the same mistake myself.

If someone spends more than 4 hours in front of their computer on average a day I would say that impacts most peoples health negative.

It is the easy way out. It’s so accessible and effortless to just cruise online or get lost in some video game instead of doing something physical. The biggest mistake I made in my life is getting too friendly with computers. Now I’m trying to correct that…

3 Likes

Same here. Most adults my age only want to talk about their kids anyway.

1 Like

I have a few adult friends. I’m not very chatty and neither are they I guess. I guess a important thing that holds our friendship together is that we are able to be comfortably quiet with each other. Meaning we might do stuff together but don’t see the need to keep the conversation going all the time. We kinda just talk when something naturally occurs to us.

1 Like

3 Likes

65 Inspiring & Uplifting Travel Alone Quotes for Solo Travel

2 Likes

Friends for their own sake are iffy and kind of a drain, but people who are similarly aligned that you can actually collaborate with are priceless.

4 Likes

I need to have friends. I don’t see them often, but we text every day. That connection is really important to me.

3 Likes

I’m lucky to have a few good friends. We don’t always talk, sometimes my friend Doug and I don’t stay in touch for a year. But when we do talk, it’s just like we spoke yesterday. The conversation just picks up where we left off

2 Likes

Lol maybe you’re just an extreme introvert

1 Like

Because of the virus, I see very few people these days. It is making me crazy.

3 Likes

I’ve never been a people person…always had paranoia and severe social anxiety. I grew up alone and isolated because of my ocd, “abusive” dad…

I sort of got reintegrated living with my mom but it took years of learning and schizophrenia made it harder, but i became a much more likeable person and nicer, better person too.

I think I got asperger’s going on. I can count the true, real friends I had in 31 years on one hand.

2 Likes

I text often, and online date. Helps greatly. Really uncomfortable being around people due to intrusive thoughts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.