I don't know if it's due to meds only, or schizophrenia itself, I feel like a robot when walking. Do you feel something like that?

I don’t know if it’s due to meds only, or schizophrenia itself, I feel like a robot when walking. Do you feel something like that?

What meds are you on?

Risperidone 6mg
Haloperidol 5mg
Clonazepam 2mg

I get a little twinge of “rusty robot” at night when I’m tired, and have taken the meds… My muscles are tired and a bit stiff and my mind is ready for sleep.

It makes it hard to walk sometimes.

No -though someone once said they could tell I was schizophrenic by the way I walked(this was when I had the diagnosis).
Others have commented on the way I walk. I wonder whether peculiarities in walking are a part of being prone to psychosis/having schizoprenia.

for me it was the meds. at least if you mean robot as in emotionless. it felt as if i was on the verge of drowning all day, like that feeling when you dunk your head under water and cant breathe so you come up for air.cept maybe slightly less panicked. those meds are blocking nuerotransmitters in too many places in the brain, when its probably just a small area that has erratic nuerotransmitters

I don’t just feel that i walk like a robot but that i am a type of robot.

A concsious robot made of flesh.

I would have preferred titanium or something but im still a robot.

You are on a pretty high dose of risperidone, plus the Haldol and Klonopin this mix could be making you zombie like - maybe you could talk to your pdoc and see what could be done?