I don't know if I am reading this right

This guy at the assisted living center where I live has his wife pregnant, and I think he wants me to take the girl and raise his baby. I’ve considered this, but I have very little in the way of financial resources. Also, I was wanting to spend my old age doddering around my apartment and working on my writing. I have kind of thought that I would like to have a child to teach some of the things I know to, but I also have some very serious personality problems. I’ve had these problems for over forty years, and I doubt if they will leave me. On the other hand, as a surrogate father I could get a first row seat at the nature/nurture controversy.

Sounds pretty complicated.

If you do adopt, make it official so there is no come back if they change their minds.

I wouldn’t do it, but I am sure you will get some who would comment.

Too used to the way I live

Why do you think he wants you to date his wife and raise his baby? That seems like a very bizarre thing for someone to want.

All I have is the evidence of my senses - body language. It is possible that I am deluded about this.

Just because you feel this doesn’t make it so. He’d have to actask you.

2 Likes

I definitely don’t think you’re reading it right.

1 Like

That makes no sense. You can’t just give your wife and baby like that.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.