I don't have voices, is this normal?

Like the closest thing to voices i had when I was full blown psychotic and i was “telrpathically” talking to people. Now on meds and there is only my thoughts

4 Likes

Same here. The telepathy thing and no voices.

Yes it’s possible to have schizoaffective or schizophrenia without actually hearing voices. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mine are barely there. They are only as loud as my thoughts. I’ve just given in. I gave them all my power. Turns out that wasn’t the compassionate thing to do, everyone got destroyed, me and the voices. It would have been compassionate to beat them but I felt sorry for them and kept believing in them. The only thing I’ve done that was not self destructive was abstain from drugs and alcohol.

1 Like

That’s fortunate to have no voices. That’s great. I’ve read that you can have schizophrenia without hearing voices.

1 Like

I think I had external voices, but nothing has bothered me lately. I used to get so scared ghat I’d take a phone and my dog and lock myself in the bathroom. I was planning to dial 911 if the men got near the stairs. I never called because I always doubted whether it was real or not.

Other than that, no voices for me.

I only ever heard garbly, unintelligible voices. I’ve experienced an intelligible voice before though.

The idea that everyone with SZ/SZA hears voices is just a stereotype or oversimplification. I don’t have them either.

2 Likes

I don’t have voices on meds I don’t even have inner dialogue

I never had voices but had the telepathy thing too. I’m diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.

1 Like

I never had voices, neither hallucinations either. My dx too is paranoid sz though and mine is very painful still… I also suffer in social situations still, but whatever… I have other difficult symptoms too…
Me too i still find a sz without voices a strange case, but its possible, yeap…
Stay well :hugs:

I thought there is telepathy. In my living area I communicate with the neighborhood. This was great. And it makes my day.

Now I don’t live there anymore this way is so boring.

I have almost no voices but I have persistent delusions.

I have no voices, but loud, alien, intrusive thoughts once in a while, but i’m neither SZ but “only” schizotypal

not often and not really many positive symptoms until im nodding off for bed, lotta negatives but it could be worse

I only hear voices sometimes, most of the time I only have visuals.

I don’t do voices…but have a strong central thought complex that comments on everything I do…and I hallucinate mostly music but on meds it’s so much better.

Not to encourage delusion here but I had the “telepathy” too. Communicating with deceased or celebrities etc. I don’t think this is real but it feels so real.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.