I don’t know if I belong here anymore

I went to a new doctor and he said I don’t have schizophrenia. He said I have a anxiety and panic disorder with psychotic symptoms. I like this forum but I guess I don’t belong here anymore. My psychotic symptoms have landed me in the psych ward twice so it’s not like my condition isn’t severe.

6 Likes

It is fine with me if you stay on the forum.

4 Likes

You belong here. :lion::lion::lion:

5 Likes

There are people here that are not sz or sza. If you have or have had psychosis you probably belong.

6 Likes

I think you should stay, if that’s what you want. I think you belong.

3 Likes

Of course you belong here @Dsyncd :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @Bowens @Moonbeam @Jake @Blossom @GrayBear I think I’ll stay. Nobody that I know has any idea what psychosis is like so it’s nice to have people to relate to

7 Likes

That’s just one doctors opinion.
Ask another doctor and he’ll give you a different diagnosis.
Yes you belong here, you’ve experienced psychosis.

2 Likes

A diagnosis isn’t necessarily a concrete thing. For a lot of people they can change with age and time.

I’m diagnosed with schizoaffectice, but I haven’t had any mania in years.

3 Likes

yea i mean as far as i understand it, schizophrenia is basically continuous psychosis which you’ve had. only difference is the amount of time, anyways even people who arent sure they have sz yet are here. youve historically had the diagnosis by atleast one doctor so lol … im sure the system wont auto ban you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

meh. I’ve had 4 diagnosis including one doctor that questioned my schizophrenia diagnosis. The 4 diagnoses I’ve had over the last 17 years are…

1. Psychosis
  2. Psychotic Depression
  3. Schizoaffective Disorder
  4. Paranoid Schizophrenia

Schizophrenia has been the majority opinion so far so I go with that, but in any event they are similar in many ways so I feel I belong here regardless of which one it actually is. I gave up caring about the label, I’m just glad the meds work.

Yep

Hey now, you can’t get rid of us that easy. Please stay.

2 Likes

We welcome all who’ve been through psychosis and it’s not uncommon for diagnosis to change over time. It’s happened to most here anyways!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.