Schizophrenia.com

I do believe my backup car is a goner

It all started with a radiator hose leak. In a car with 290k that had been ran out of oil a few times already.
Quickly, my spark plug wires melted into the cylinders. Strike two.
Then I lost some valve gaskets. Fixed the hose, plugs, and gaskets.
Just to be happily greeted by one or two. Or 4, who knows, blown head gaskets. Strike three.
As a bonus, it overheated again and ruined my new plug wires. Oh and its suspension is so gone it was scraping the ground whenever I hit a bump.
6 more days till my main car is fixed.

Drive it like it’s stolen, maybe it’ll help

Ah, I would but I dont think Itl get to far without falling apart.
Car has been good to me. Outlived its price by a lot. But now I think its time to scrap it.

Oh, that is the best, worst advice we’ve had in a while. Hey @DearZombie, you’re at risk of losing your crown here.

Yeah, you can probably find a $500 beater on Facebook Market that will outlast it. I buy my beaters in the winter at police auctions. The trick is to show up on the day when it’s -30C and everyone else stayed home. You’d be amazed what $100 buys.

1 Like

Or you could use sea foam, some people swear by it, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt

1 Like

This was a $600 beater lol. And it made it 60k from when I bought it. And that was with next to no maintenance.

1 Like

Oh, you gotta love those! Just donate that puppy and move on to the next one. I keep one beater around at all times. I like to cruise backroads and to drive into sketchy spots to get photos. I use the POS vehicle for that. I’m currently without one, but there’s a granny-owned Buick Regal for sale down the block that I think is about to become mine.

1 Like

$600 for 60k, you sure know how to pick em.

1 Like

I feel for you. We have to fix our van. Needs new back rotors and pads, wheel bearing, sway bar, brake sensor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.