I am trying to stop talking to myself

i have a bad habit of talking to myself. i want to stop it now.

i hope i can.

have a nice weekend y’all!!

judy

7 Likes

abilify helped me with talking to myself actually it was a bad habit of mine too

We all have inner monologues, but it’s like who are those inner monologues talking to?

1 Like

Talking out loud here too, as if I feel the need to defend myself. Maybe because of being alone for me. not sure.

3 Likes

I talk to myself sometimes when my dad and stepmom are at work. I also sing songs that I make up but I can’t rhyme a lot of words so it’s mostly the same lyrics over and over again.

2 Likes

My dad once told me about a news story that said that talking to yourself is a healthy thing to do.

2 Likes

I live I a retirement park. One time on a flyer it said that it’s okay to talk to yourself when no one’s around. I wouldn’t worry about it @ifeelblessed.

2 Likes

I talk alone all the time

3 Likes

I’m in my own world. Constantly thinking. Never present. People have told me that I disappear from time to time. I’m scared that I look and act like a nut job.

1 Like

I hear you @ifeelblessed! I used to talk to myself all the time, but since going on Clozapine and Ziprasidone i have stopped this entirely.

2 Likes

I don’t think that talking to oneself is a symptoms of schizophrenia. a lot of people have the habit of talking to themselves.

2 Likes

I have been talking to myself much less lately. The inside stuff should be sacred. There isn’t anyone else to talk with.

1 Like

you liar. ha. jk.

1 Like

It depends, psychotic people talk to themselves from outside perspective. But we do believe someone is responding.

Why you thought they were lying??

I used to have fantastical conversation with myself all day long before abilify

Then once abilify I never talked to Jon 1 v 1 again

I definitely believe it

1 Like

idk, talking to one’s self just seems common,
and meds don’t help Me from this.

2 Likes

Oh I guess I was lucky then. Maybe sezbot was too!!

1 Like

good morning, Jon.
it’s good to have you around.
we’ve been friends quite awhile,
not sure how, you’re still so young.

1 Like

I’m an old soul……mate of yours :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

would love for you to meet my daughter.
she’s always been old soul.

1 Like