I am too up with the lithium now, please help

To be honest Anna, I’m like you and only have brief moments of feeling good, most of the time my mood is low. It’s tough to live with but we have to do the best we can, as others have said there are no perfect meds which fix all our problems unfortunately.

If you want my opinion, I don’t think it’s right for your mom to say you’re taking too many meds, I take a lot of meds too about 7 a day I think, if you need a med then you need it, it doesn’t matter if you are taking a lot.

1 Like

my mother says lithium could be toxic. she is worried and she messes with my meds…

That sounds reasonable to me, I’ve never taken lithium myself, but I’ve seen people say it can be toxic at high levels, but you’re just on a low dose.

yeah, she is not right but she is ultra hard!!! I am on ultra low dose frings. I am not intoxicated… and I don’t have too many meds. I have just 3… we are ill for god sake. I know people who take 10 meds and this is helping them!!
One guy from the hospital called my mother a ‘‘general’’. and one of my ill friends told me that my mother will destroy me also…I wont turn against her, but she is not big help tbh… she is just desperate about me and this sucks.

gosh, whatever. lets stay peaceful :slight_smile: . Yes, ill see how I am those days. But my low frings is more than low when I am just on the Zyprexa. I have only negative emotions and I cant fight the chemistry which is the Zyprexa with efforts, no…its a killer too. so I need something to lift me I guess. even my new doc said that they gave me too many aps.

Do you think it might help if your pdoc spoke to your mom and reassured her that the lithium isn’t toxic?

Yeh I understand Anna, my low is very low too, I’m suicidal and in despair, without the anti depressant. I’m glad that lithium is helping you, I hope you continue taking it.

he wont do it I think. He preserves himself from every possible conflict I find. he is just new to me too and its a bit too much to ask him for a favor. idk, maybe the next time ill see him hell explain her yes, but he wont do it by phone… now ill have to renew my disability etc etc.
do you have a lot of negatives without your antidepressant? cause me, I have them a lot, yeap :confused:

I’m sure that your mother cares about you and is concerned @Anna1.
Don’t mess with your meds and see how you feel in a couple of days.

Make sure you contact your doctor if you still don’t feel well.

Stay strong sweetie.

1 Like

Ok I understand.

Yeh I have lots of negatives, bad anhedonia, depression, avolition, racing thoughts, I have a lot of negatives and it sucks :confused:

Oh yeah, its a lot hah. Me too I have all this. frings, did you have this intellectual impairment where you couldn’t get the sense of a movie? I had the concentration to watch it but I just couldn’t get it ( it was some mix from anhedonia and lack of reason I find)…
Oh, thank you dear Wave :slight_smile: Ok, ill try to keep this in mind. My mom was helping me a lot in the beginning of my diagnosis but now she is tired. she has her depression too I find like somebody said it here. I should understand her more, yeap…

1 Like

Some movies I can’t understand… I think it’s just that some movies are difficult to understand even for a normie. But I find it hard to concentrate on the screen cos I have intrusive thoughts all the time, so I often miss bits of the movie. Sometimes if I’m watching it with another person, they will make a comment about the movie, and I can’t reply because my mind was miles away, you know :slight_smile:

Yes, I understand. you are right. some movies are hard. everything is hard, youpiee!!! hahah… whatever… me, when I was watching movies before with my friend, I was trying really hard to concentrate and I succeded it in a way. but it was draining all my energy. I wasn’t happy either.

Depression and negatives are two different animals. If you are depressed or sad, then, you don’t have negatives. You are depressed. If you are not depressed, then the symptoms like withdrawal, flat affect, anhedonia, avolition, apathy and alogia are called negatives.

maybe its possible to have both no? my docs are liars… or maybe I saw too many docs which is a big error to do… My ex doc said that I am paranoid schizophrenic with mostly negative symptoms… she said that ill always suffer because of the negatives. My new doc thinks now of schizoaffective disorder, depressive type. idk what I have anymore.

2 Likes

That was wrong of your ex pdoc to tell you that you would “always suffer” from the negatives like that. Very wrong of her. A lot of your recovery is in your own hands not the psychiatrist’s.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.