I am getting an episode now

When I get an episode I suffer my butt off. I hear voices non stop on average for 3 or 4 hours straight. It is like I’m living in a nightmare but I am awake. Doe anybody have advice what I can do, to help me in this situation. I’ve already try things to help, sometimes it works, sometimes nothing really works. I will appreciate your advice because you might come up with something new.

3 Likes

Best thing for me is to put on headphones and watch videos. It distracts me

2 Likes

That is a good idea. I tried to put headphones on for 3 hours strait and it helped, but as soon as I took my headphones off, I started to hear voices again. Yeah I try too distract myself, and it works a little bit sometimes. What kind of videos do you watch.

1 Like

Yea I hear you man tha yes what sucks about this illness. I mostly just watch YouTube. Funny shows and stuff, gaming channels, stuff like that. Comedy always helps me forget about my hallucinations :joy:

1 Like

That’s a good Idea, I have never watched comedy shows before. That seems to lighten your mood.

1 Like

I think I am going to watched the video where a hippo makes a huuuuuge fart.

1 Like

It helpled to watch that video, thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Lol no problem broski! They say laughter is the best medicine haha

Distract yourself @Jake
Keep busy but do relaxing things.

2 Likes

Thank Wave…That is wise advice.

1 Like

Try keeping busy @Jake

There’s no time 4 voices when the mind is occupied with a task/activity.

1 Like

Thanks DNA, that is good advice!

1 Like

Thanks DNA I’ll distract myself by staying on here.

1 Like

No worries, glad I could help.

:raised_hands:

2 Likes

“My Cousin Vinny” is a movie I can recommend.

1 Like

My own concerns about my up states is I fear I’ll do something that has long term consequences down the road. When I am up, I remember not to buy a car or get married, that is.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.