Schizophrenia.com

I am bad friend - making up

I have a friend i have contact with about every 2-3 weeks. She is worried if i dont respond fast, that im sick again.

I lost my phone 5th of january.

I tried to get her contact info again by searching the internet and e-mailing several people from the administration from our church i had emailaddresses from, but found/received nothing.

Then i thought of visiting her (she lives just half an hour away by bus) unannounced, but didnt come to it last weeks due to being overworked and busy with my mum (cancer came back) and just not overseeing things anymore.

I thought of visiting today, but yesterday i found a card by her in my mailbox asking to please seek contact, leaving her email. I mailed her immediately but didnt receive an answer yet.

I feel like/am a superbad friend. I should have known she would worry. Now i fear shes been frightened about me for 3 weeks. :frowning:

How can i make it up to her? I cant even call, cause i have no number. I dont have an address either (i just know how to get there).

I feel stupid. I am bad at such things.

Look her up in the phone directory online

You sound like you’re really beating yourself up over this. I don’t think that’s necessary. It’s nice to have a friend who cares about you but you tried to contact her and weren’t able to. Sometimes things are beyond our control. It’s not like you were just purposefully ignoring her. Just explain the situation to her when you get a chance to talk to her again. I’m sure everything will be fine.

I tried that too, but she isnt in it/i couldnt find her. Thanks for the advice though.

Pay a background check service to find her and get the number.

I hope so. Thanks. I did try indeed. Just should have tried harder i think.

Whats that? :slight_smile:

I dont know what such a service is… i will await her mail for a bit first.

I’m not always good at keeping in touch with friends. If they are really friends they will understand our struggle and give us some room to just be us. It’s okay.

Thanks. Im just bad at it. I cant really oversee things, especially in times of stress… not just this, also things like making a dentist appointment, paying a bill or responding to e-mails. It is just that the dentist isnt really worried if i dont call him, so that isnt as bad. :slight_smile:

And i really didnt know how to get her number, i did try several routes.

I know what you mean. I get overwhelmed by doing these things, too. I often put them off and put them off until I can’t put them off anymore. Probably not the best way to deal with it but it’s what works for me haha.

Haha, yes, i know, it is my strategy too!

My friend is okay. She wasnt angry. She mailed her number and we spoke on the phone. I apologized. Im happy. :slight_smile:

I hope this means that your friendship can be restored. Wishing you all the best!

All that worrying for nothin’. Shheeeesh!

Haha yes, how stupid. Its something im good at, worrying. :slight_smile:

And yes, the friebdship is fine.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.