I am addicted to

Trigger warning. Contains addiction talk.
Tramadol. Like physically dependent. Or was. The stint in the hospital made me detox. I still take 150 mg at a time once a day. Before it was a lot more. I scared myself with the dose.

Are you or have you been addicted to a medication? Do you want help quitting and want to use this topic as a way to hold yourself accountable? Have you quit and can you offer insight?

My only way to stop was the forced detox because it takes days for our psych ward/hospital to get meds approved and given properly.

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you only it was norcos 10’s, I was poppin 2 at a time and the was several times a day. Then I wound up in the hospital and I was getting them off the street so of course they weren’t giving me anything in there. I didn’t have too much in the way of withdrawals because I had only just bumped up to that much recently. But I had an emotional need for them, I need not to feel anything and they helped. So does Ativan or vodka or weed or gambling lots of money or shopping or binge eating or or or.

Hi my name is leaf and I’m an everything-aholic. I want so badly to stand on my own two feet without a crutch. It’s so hard to be in a position where you have the medical necessity to take pills everyday to stabilize yourself but if you take one too many you on dangerous ground. I guess the line is drawn at taking the meds exactly as prescribed, being honest with yourself about your “as needed” and do not ever take one thing more ever.
Then you aren’t using your meds as a crutch in a bad way. But it’s hard. It’s like dieting, you can’t just stay away from food, you just have to learn to use it responsibly I guess. It’s hard for us addicts though.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. I think you sound pretty awesome without a crutch. Like you wrote that openly without relying on your norcos.

Keep trying. All you can do is keep getting up each time you fall down

1 Like

What a lovely thing to say

1 Like

Are you new to the forum? I don’t recall seeing you before.

I’m addicted to peanut m&ms and food

3 Likes

Oh man I used to love peanut m&ms, I would get them for my afternoon pick me up at work. I liked sucking on them till the candy and chocolate melted then I would chew the nut.

3 Likes

Yep! I’m shiny and new. Also like to talk a lot, online that is. I’ve researched mental illnesses a lot due to my old job as a freelance writer. Did a lot of content writing for healthcare sites and had to use .edu sites for research papers. Also was a nursing student for Alzheimer’s and dementia. You’d be surprised at how similar denentias are to say and sza.

1 Like

Oh lordy. Peanut M&Ms during one pregnancy. Yum.

1 Like

With my daughter I ate burritos. With my son I ate cherries

1 Like