How's your weight on 400mg abilify

How much weight gain did you get, why not ask for a reduction in the medication dosage?

2 Likes

about 10 kg 151515

1 Like

Did you ask for a reduction in dosage?

I weight 83kg, thats about 14kg more than when i originally started it

1 Like

That’s cool to know, were you on other medicine before the injection?

Quetiapine 1515

1 Like

You gained weight on top of the quetapine?

1 Like

Not much tbh, even though its a gainer med. But then. I stopped taking the quetiapine due to its sedation. Needless to say. I did end up hospitalised

No what I meant was whether you gained weight after gaining on quetiapine and switching to abilify?

I don’t generally weigh myself, and for whatever reason, none of the many doctors I’ve been to lately have weighed me either. Weird, but whatever. I think I’ve gained weight based on how my pants are fitting me. I just don’t know how much.

Oh you are on abilify 400mg?

my tip to eat in intervals. for example just twice a day. i heard that abilify is neutral in weight. forget that. studies were not long therm

I’ve gained about 30lbs on Abilify. Doctor said it’s not supposed to make you gain but there’s nothing else I changed.

Are you on the injection as well?

No, I take the oral kind.

No. We’d started me on a low dose, and it hit me hard and fast. It’s the only med I’ve had changed, so I can’t think of another reason for weight gain.

Oral too? You started on 10mg?

1 Like

Nope. Started on 5mg. I’ve proven sensitive to certain anti-depressant type meds in the past, so my pdoc started me at a lower rate. I noticed energy and such almost automatically and actually got the heck out of my bed! I’d do things on and off during the day as pain allowed, but I don’t usually get up at all, so big strides. It was too much, though, and I went pretty manic. We took me off as soon as we noticed (with pdoc’s okay), and I quickly swung into depression. I cried for about two days and thought all the negative thoughts I could, then we put me back on the Abilify but at a lower dose. So that is where I’m at. :slight_smile:

You are still on 5mg abilify? That’s not therapeutic

I’m on 4 mg, actually. It’s not therapeutic for sz. I’m taking it for depression associated with sza bipolar. I take seroquel/quetiapine for an ap.