How would you get 30 meals for $100?

Ramen…rice and beans…pasta? Tell me your budget friendly meal plans.

6 Likes

Bulk buy rice, soy beans, cheapest veges you can find.

2 Likes

Rice and beans are good since they play off each other nutritionaly(sp).

I like where your head is at… in my household we think we are insulated, but I’m so scared.

My mother had a nightmare about running out of food. Being down to a final slice of pizza, and having the grandbaby ask for it.

Things in the news.
I haven’t had nightmares, but I am scared.

Having a finance background; appreciating stocks(equities)(which is just a greed and fear type thing) hurts/kills me.
I’ve got to change.

It’s just that I like a hobby with some consequence. It’d be difficult to take up knitting or gardening. I guess I should read more.

I see I’ve had my coffee, I’m gonna curb it here.

How’s your morning, Leafer?

2 Likes

Vienna sausages and crackers.

2 Likes

I could get 30 meals for 28 quid. mac and cheese, A sack of potatoes, 1kg of butter, and a crate of baked beans. Not food you have a choice on - but you aint gonna starve.

5 Likes

Minestrone soup with soup mix and frozen vegetables .

5 Likes

Bean soup.

My sister lived on that stuff for four years.

4 Likes

I lived on fried local potatoes and coffee while being on relief and making car payments. The doc found nothing wrong with my blood work so it must have been sufficient.

6 Likes

Bumble bee tuna and chicken salad kits. You could probably get 40 or so of them.

5 Likes

Yes Tuna and mustard or hot sauce are good…

4 Likes

30 meals meaning 3 meals a day, 10 day’s meals for $100, $10 per day, it is about how much I spend in groceries a day, €10 for one day, it is okay, you can manage.

4 Likes

Ramen, some frozen veggies- walmart has them $1 a bag. Some soy sauce. I make my own ramen, but you can dress up i stant ramen with soy sauce and frozen veggies easy. If you jave eggs, boil one, slice in half, and put in rhe ramen.

Rice can be dressed up, too. Cook it in chicken broth instead of water.

Instant mashed potatoes- you can add stuff or you can mix in an egg, a bit of flour,and chopped onion and fry potato cakes.

Flour- you can make tortilla, Native fry bread, and basic muffins. The first two can be made with flour, salt, and water. A little vegetable oil to fry.

Check all the scratch and dent area, clearan e areas, and produce that I s past prime. Meats are sometimes marked way down.

8 Likes

Crackers and tuna. Beans and rice. Bread and butter.

4 Likes

Also, I use the SuperCook app to find recipes I can make with what I have on hand.

6 Likes

Look at what these two persons are buying with $10 in Russia … sanctions have not really caused higher food prices:

3 Likes

Oats, milk and peanut butter.

6 Likes

Sandwiches, beans, rice, oatmeal, ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese

6 Likes

I find it hard to recommend something, because what works here, may not work there. Here…

• Buy large discount bags of rice, potatoes and flour to bake bread or pancakes in a cheap supermarket.
  • Farmers or farmers markets often sell cheap veggies. Local and of the season. I’d go just before the closing of the market, when they get rid of everything cheaper.
  • Supermarkets and apps sell almost-over-the-date stuff with high discounts every day.
  • Eat less fish and meat. Buy cans of cheap fish. Or cheap fish at a market. I saw they also have fish skeletons to make fish soup. May still have the benefits, without the high price.
  • Big bags of apples are cheap here, for vitamins. :slight_smile:

When I was really out of money, I’d often eat soup with bread. Or pancakes. Or bread with cheap-brand-nutella. Or pasta with tomato sauce. I’d always try get some veggie/fruit though. You want to stay a bit healthy, if you can, for being unhealthy also costs.

6 Likes

The cost of eggs has gone up but you can still get cheap eggs. Just check the date for a couple weeks out and eat a few eggs a week. Canned tuna, beans, rice, frozen veggies. Just like everyone else said

4 Likes
2 Likes