How to spend days

Hey guys I wanted to know what is the best way to spend days when you are by yourself. Like what do you think I should do. All I do is walk around and sometimes I’ll drink coffee. Invega Sustenna makes me soo bored :frowning:

1 Like

What were your activities pre illness?

1 Like

Videogames, movies, music, drawing, cooking, walking, volunteering, cleaning…

3 Likes

I have the same problem. I don’t do much either.

1 Like

I don’t actually remember I think I liked dressing up and music but I cant do neither of those now no money and the meds make my negative symptoms worse. I also cant enjoy music so listening to it does nothing for me. I kinda am hoping to reinvent myself next year but I fist have to try a new med I think.

1 Like

I don’t play videogames. I do sometimes cook but I’m still bored. Volunteering might be a good idea except I have no idea how to do that…

1 Like

I do a lot of the same.

1 Like

I used to volunteer in a nursing home, I don’t know if you can still do that with COVID around.

2 Likes

I pace back and forth every day multiple times a day out of boredom and sometimes I’ll drink coffee when I’m bored.

1 Like

I read. I watched an episode of Vikings yesterday. either that or star trek. I read the forum. I’d like to listen to more NPR. I play a few games. I play the drums but only for about 15 minutes a day. I’m usually doing something.

@sadgurl21,

Please let your pdoc know that you have too many negatives. Hopefully it’s from an excessive Invega dose.

1 Like

try reading some books, good books like novels or stuff or preferably good spiritual books if u r inclined spiritually

2 Likes

I am an introvert so I enjoy spending time alone anyway. Before COVID, I used to enjoy singing in my church choir. Now I stay busy reading and watching sci fi like Star Trek, watch TV and read the newspaper, try new recipes, exercise, play the flute, and organize my home.

1 Like

i watch movies and listen music. i also pace around a lot during the morning. In the evening i watch TV with my mum.

1 Like

Thank you. I will! I hope to be off invega sustenna sometime next year.

1 Like

Any good spiritual books suggestions? :slight_smile:

The ‘Bhagvad Gita as it is’ by Srila prabhupada of Iskcon since i am a hindu.

But i presume since u r a christian you can search for some good christian spiritual books.

1 Like

I’m currently reading the Baghavad Gita. I bought it while living in Vermont.

3 Likes

oh thats great.

In the week I have the house to myself whilst my sister and nieces at work. I usually sleep, watch movies, read, listen to music, journal and go online. But I’m hoping to get a work from home job which will be more productive and motivating because I’d be earning money.

Working from home or volunteering are nice ways to keep busy in productive way :blush:

2 Likes