How my schizophrenia has progressed

I am 23, 24 next month.
I was diagnosed when I was 19, I think. I was hospitalized when I was 17, and I have been symptomatic my entire life. Not sure if there are any members here who remember me, but if so! Hello! I’ve been off antipsychotics for about 3 years now. I still have hallucinations, I still have the ocassional delusion. Still no inside voices, with personalities anyway. Not the regular type. Mostly outside. I think my main issue that I have still is cognitive things. I don’t write as well as I used to, can’t remember anything, flat affect at random.

I’m on so many medications because of my physical illness, but I refuse to take any more benzos. They make me feel soo gross nowadays. I’ve had the same bottle for a year, just not interested. Save it for a rainy day.

1 Like

Try to create your own life try to stabilize your life take meds as prescriped as i do
If you dont feel good with your current doc see another one who is more experienced another thing…
Expensive meds are no better than cheap meds that i am on they r very potent ans effective and tried many times
Depot injections r very good in many ways tell your doc to give you one
Have faith in god
That is all i have for you

2 Likes

I recently had to stop taking a medication because it was almost 60 dollars a month! Fast forward a few months, we had to add it back and thankfully it went down to 30 dollars. I have pretty good insurance, but doesn’t seem to make medical bills anymore affordable. One E.R visit for me is at least 1,200 dollars :frowning:
Im not sure what kind of shot I was given, but I was freaking out in the E.R because of my pain in my stomach (it is paralyzed) and they gave me HALDOL. a few times they gave me that shot. it made me pass out once.

Glad to see you @CarleyGee!
Welcome back!

1 Like

@Wave Thank you! I have always loved this website, and it’s layout. So easy to use, and I’m going through some of my old posts right now. So weird to look back on.

3 Likes

Halodol is good and tried many times for many many people they shouldnt give you very high dose of it secondly they should give you 2 tb of biperden to avoid its side effects thats why i tell u to go to experieced doc .he ll help you alot

1 Like

My medicine is over $300 a month even with insurance. I don’t know why. I’m trying to get on disability. It’s a pretty bad insurance.

3 Likes

Even my invega Sustenna shot was completely covered by my Medicaid. I’m extremely lucky, as that shot is worth around $2500 @ 234 mg. The more we pay them, the better our medication will be IMO.

2 Likes

I am on invega sustenna too. Been on it for 1 year 8months. How long have you been on it?

On and off since 2015. I’m switching to Seroquel 300mg hopefully soon.

1 Like

Okay. Yeah I want off too, but I was non compliant with pills…so I’m stuck on it…even though I get lumps at the injection site. Do you have any side effects from it?

At first I would get the worst headaches I’ve ever had upon injection about 30 minutes after injection. Lasted about 12 hrs. I also had traumatic anger outbursts. But that was probably because of the nicotine and being inpatient for a whole year mixed with the shot. But yeah agitation. I don’t get the headaches anymore. I’ve been on assisted outpatient treatment twice. My last order ended this winter. I’m just thankful that there is support for me.

1 Like

Yes that good. I am glad you are doing better. I just have bad Insomnia on it and constipation. Plus lumps at the injection site. But they lowered my dose today so I hope I will do better soon. Thank you for replying.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.