How much weight did you gain on your med(s)

I picked up about 10 kgs (don’t know how much that is in pounds, about 20).

On just 100mg Clozapine, my metabolism seems fine.

When I take risperdal, even on a below maintainance diet, I still gain 1 pound a day.

At beginning I was at 49kgs. While I started meds gained about 9-10kgs. Latter I lost about 5-6kgs. I am currently 51-52kgs.

Originally gained 100 lbs, then lost 90, then recently gained 20 back. My pdoc is working on moving me from Seroquel to Saphris. My Seroquel was starting to not work on the schizo symptoms. Saphris is supposed to have a lower instance of weight gain, but it isn’t as effective on the schizo stuff as a Zyprexa or a Risperdal, both of which I refuse to take because of the weight gain. I know it’s all vane, but I just came take the psych impact of weight gain.

I didn’t gain much weight

125 lbs over 15 0r 20 years. Lost 60 over 10 or 15 years + haven’t gained it back. I’ve been trying.

Saphris worked wonders for me with the sz symptoms better than risperdal, I’m on 30mg at night. Its weird because of the mouthfeel at first but try to stick it out. It may take a month or two to get used to it.

Ive gained 170 pounds, but im a huge guy, im just about 2 m tall. 197cm.
i lost 40 pounds last year by eating salads every day, that was positive, but ive gained most of it back by reintroducing bread and pasta in my diet.

: (

I gained like 70 pounds from my medicine and the way I was eating. I have started to diet and exercise though so I hope to lose it all. I lost 5 pounds last week and I am hoping to lose more this week.

5lbs a week is progress, but it’s almost dangerous. Be careful dude.

I’ve gained about 20 to 25 lbs and haven’t been able to lose it. I don’t really care I’ve stabilized and am used to my weight.

I just don’t want to exercise, esp with these symptoms.

I think I lost the 5 pounds because I adhered to my diabetic diet and started exercising. I understand not wanting to exercise with symptoms. When I was having a lot of symptoms there is no way I could have exercised or ate right for that matter. I am doing a bit better and I think that is where this drive is coming from to lose wait. Thanks for the concern tho…I appreciate it. Its good to have friends on here :smiley:

1 Like

I was about 120lbs when i was 18yrs old when all this craziness started, now i am 44yrs old, and i weigh 171. But i go up and down depending on the med, i have dropped as low as 90 pounds because i developed an eating disorder for many years, and then they had changed my meds so many times and myweight went up and down so much. Now my metabolism is so messed up from the eating disorder, i eat 1 meal a day and drink diet drinks and i still cannot lose weight, but i get no excersize.

I gained about 30 pounds on Risperidone right after I was put on it a year ago. I have since lost 10 pounds. My Psychiatrist is trying to wean me onto Latuda from Risperidone so I am hoping I will be able to lose the other 20 since Latuda isn’t supposed to be so bad for weight gain.

I was underweight while sick…food lost all taste. Then gained 70 sounds in 7 months on haldol. I am losing on geodon but have only lost 16 pounds. About a pound a week.

Went from 175lbs to 210lbs in just a few months on seroquel. Slowly losing down to 190lbs now on invega. My lack of wanting to excersise doesnt help, but really dont want to do anything at all. I miss my old body! And mind prob too.

About 80 pounds faaaark!!!

1 Like

90lbs so far none lost on latuda

1 Like

gained 30 lbs on Zofredal (Risperidone). so far i have lost 5 lbs. i dont think i could lose anymore.

I gained 20 kg on olanzapine.

Tried coming of it about 2 months ago but felt intense madness so went back on it.
Im only taking a minimal dose now.
0,6 mg or so.
I take this every night.

Will try come of it again.

Another dr wanted me on geodon so i lose the weight but since im on such a tiny dose of medicine also im concerned how geodone would go with me and also i dont like capsules and they come in capsules.

I exercise about 3 times a week.

I eat cheese and drink milk and eat meat and enjoy doing so.
I even eat chockolate some times.
I dont want to be super strict on my diet but do want my “normal” body back as my stomach sticks out way more than my boobs and feels not so fabulous.
But i still love my body as it is and i am usually totally flat chested but the weight gain made me get breast.Big tits. :slight_smile: I even can get cleavage.

I dont like other people being so negative about my body.

I am not ok with it.

One man i was seeing took my stomach fat in his hand and squeezed it with disgust when i was naked.
He had no passion and vavavoom for me yet he had my body n that aint good but done is done hey.
Movin on.
but dont want let that happen again.

I gained 80 lbs on antipsychotics, which means i almost doubled my body mass. I used to be M size. Now i m XL. Really want to do something with my weight.