How many years have you been on the same medication?

I’ve been on the same dose of invega for 8 years ever since I was first diagnosed.

3 Likes

cool. I think it is good to try and keep med changes to a minimum.

I have been on abilify on and off since 2016, on it atm

3 Likes

I’ve been on invega 2 years

1 Like

A couple of months on Zyprexa. 8 years on Abilify then one year on Latuda and since last month on Risperdal. Risperdal is my best.

3 Likes

Abilify for the last 6 years.

1 Like

I’ve been on risperidone for 10 years.
I just tried abilify for a month. It was a mistake.

1 Like

6 months is the longest ive been on one i think but i was diagnosed last year

1 Like

I’m up to over 10 years on Zyprexa/effexor combo. I did try a few meds at the start so it took me 4 years or so to find what works. It’s probably more like 15 years on the same meds and I’ve only just messed with the Effexor coming down a bit.

1 Like

I have been taking 160 mg of Geodon per day for 6 years now and that changed my life.

Before that I only took 20 mg and I was a complete wreck.

I have been taking 160 mg of Geodon with 40 mg of Latuda for 5 years and that’s even better.

1 Like

I have been on Risperdal since it first came out around 1996. It was a game changer for me and I didn’t want to take a chance with anything else even though my bloodwork and BMI could be a bit better.

I felt fortunate to get free samples directly from Janssen when I couldn’t afford it for many years.

It seemed to help me a lot with the delusions, paranoia and auditory hallucinations.

3 Likes

I was on oral Abilify a few years back, for at least a year, then after being off it for a year I eventually got on the Abilify Maintena shots. Altogether I’ve been on some form of Abilify for 4 or 5 years, the longest I’ve stayed on any one AP.

The med I’ve been on the longest, though, is Wellbutrin. I’ve been on that one for 20 years; it has been a very good drug for me, though I still need a second AD, all of this in addition to a mood stabilizer (Lamictal). Come to think of it, I’ve been on Lamictal for at least 10 years now.

1 Like

I’ve been on abilify depot for about 7 months. I don’t plan on changing it.

1 Like

I’ve been on the same medicine for about 2 years. Clazapine and abilify

1 Like

I’m on the same medication since 2015.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.