How many years have you been living with schizophrenia?

I didn’t get diagnosed until 2009 when I was 21. I believe I’ve had it since 2005 tho when I was 17 years old. I went from 17 to 21years old without meds. Worst time of my life

1 Like

17 to 37 now equals 20 years

2 Likes

I was diagnosed in 2011 at 21y.o. but had symptoms since a few years before.

3 Likes

First break at 15.

Self medicated until 32.

Finally have a good med combo and great psychiatrist, although I still have daily glitches, they are much less powerful. Im 36 now.

So I’ve heard voices on a daily basis for 21 years. The voices can legally drink.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Diagnosed in 1980 at age 19. I’ll be 61 in March, so almost 42 years.

3 Likes

I had my first real psychotic break at age 23. I am now 62 this month so, 39 years. I wasn’t diagnosed until I was 34 years old however.

2 Likes

I was diagnosed at 26, im 37 now.

1 Like

Almost 30 years now.

1 Like

Had some symptoms at 18.
First break at 20 in 1996.
Diagnosed at 25 in 2001.
Now, I will be 46 years old in This March.

1 Like

I was diagnosed in 2018. I had my first psychic experience at age 7

1 Like

I was diagnosed in 2004, I was 26, but I had a long prodromal phase before that, starting around 19/20 years of age… So officially diagnosed for 18 years now.

2 Likes

The first time I remember hearing voices was when I was seven and they made a prophesy which came true. I was always in touch with other’s Alters. I became schizophrenic at age sixteen three months before I was to turn 17. I was physically forced to take medicine then in the state run mental institution, which was actually nice, but since shut down. I’m turning 52 next month. I feel great today for someone who feels blind and I know what I’m asking from my siblings for my birthday! We all have different experiences with symptoms but it all feels bad.

1 Like

prodromal since 1994, psychotic break that lasted seven months in 1997/98, so roughly 24 years since the break.

1 Like

About a 1/5 of them.

17-47
30 years i total and till i die

2 Likes

17 to 34. I had my first hospitalisation when I was 16, but I turned 17 when they diagnosed me with psychosis - and a few times later SZ

My childhood was pretty ■■■■■■ up, so who knows for sure whether it was before that.

3 Likes

Hmmm… I was diagnosed right after turning 22… so 2016, so I’ve been diagnosed/had sz for almost 6 years

2 Likes

11-13 years, depending on what day you consider we start having schizophrenia from, from first having symptoms, to psychosis phase or to being finally diagnosed as schizophrenia.

2 Likes

My symptom start at the age of 15 but i didn t diagnosed until 26.im under treatment since 11 years and i feel perfect

2 Likes

I was diagnosed at age 27.
Now I’m 32.

2 Likes