How many voices do you hear?

I have two voices. One is good and one is evil. I’ve heard of people having twenty voices or more so I suppose I got off easy. I’m curious. How many are you dealing with and how do they affect you?

3 Likes

I don’t hear voices but I used to get delusions of reference. It is similar because what it does is warp the voice on the radio or tv to suit oneself. They went away when I found there are other people and other things to do so they weren’t so darned important to me.

2 Likes

I have one main voice that comments on people and things I’m looking at. It sounds similar to my internal thoughts, but it comes off differently and has its own self. Beside that, I have voices that come and go of people just talking in the background. Sometimes I hear people say my name - half the time they’re a female voice and half the time they’re a male voice. Sometimes they sound like ghosts and demons.

2 Likes

I hear eight on a regular basis and up to 20 when agitated.

1 Like

I’m so sorry! I thought what I had to deal with was hard.

most of the time when I hear voices it’s many at once, either laughing or saying things I can’t decipher as they sound like they’re coming from outside. I have 2 discernible voices though, one male one that shouts random insulting words at me and a female one that is comforting and says things like “I’m here” or “It’s done” when I’m hearing a bunch of voices at the same time, and after she says it the other voices seem to go away. it’s very strange, but I’m grateful for that voice.

3 Likes

One I think it sounds like my own traìn of thought it drìves me crazy.

1 Like

I have one at the minute but I used to have two/three depending on the content of my delusions. The one I have now actually told me I wouldn’t be having the others because I wouldn’t believe it was them that was shortly after it told me my delusions weren’t real either.weird.

About eight. Three have names. Duane, Eugene,and madchen. They don’t talk to me when I’m mad.

Many. And none of them make any sense. Those are the audible ones. Often I hear audible, chaotic music.

The voice I “hear” most often is Gd in what my pdoc says are delusions of reference. And Gd is always nice. If he’s mean, I know it’s not Gd but the evil spirit.

1 Like

Two. One female and nice, left ear, one male and mean, right ear. I hear from the nice one more often but the mean one can get scary.

2 Likes

Mine sound exactly like real people. They comment on whatever my thoughts are to the point that I have conversations bout a particular subject. They have their own opinions and views, they just sound so real

1 Like

I have about 8 voices. They tell me their names and are quite demanding.

Your voices sound a lot like mine did. Interesting. The gibberish whisper sound of laughing. Many voices. All at once. Coming from afar. Is how I describe it.

2 Likes

I have five voices.
Although one of them is actually a group of voices whose leader is called “The Priest”

Usually just one - a male evil voice called Alien.

Sometimes a female good voice called Sarah

And sometimes a cacophony of laughing nameless voices

1 Like
  1. But I have a central thought that comments on everything I do. It’s so much in the background these days on the meds but it’s there when stressed.

Thankfully I don’t hear voices that sounds like it would be really scary…

2 Likes

I don’t hear voices either.

2 Likes

Goddess Annette, who talks in poetic language and does the running commentary on my actions and thoughts, Isidore, the good voice, Louisa, the evil voice, Meher Baba, Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Lucifer, Jesus.