How many languages?

How many languages can you speak and/or read? What’s your first language?

1 Like

4 languages, my first language is Danish

4 Likes

Only two here German and English. English was my first language.

3 Likes

My first language was English, but I’ve been trying to learn Spanish since high school. Off and on, mostly. We had a family (used to be our neighbors, they got kicked out and didn’t have anywhere else to go) live with us for 6 weeks and only the older kids spoke English. So that was good practice, but I still can’t really speak Spanish. I can understand about a third of what’s spoken, and about half or more if it’s written.

I want to eventually be fluent in Spanish.

1 Like

I am fluent in English and can speak parts of French, Spanish, Greek and Welsh.

1 Like
  1. English and French. English is my first.
4 Likes

I only speak two languages. Spanish and English. English is my first language. I can’t write in Spanish. But, I can read and speak fairly well.
I’d love nothing more than to live in Mexico for a couple of years and just immerse myself in the culture and language and really learn the culture and language. That has always been my dream all of my life.

1 Like

English is my first language but I’m interested in biblical languages so I’m learning Greek and Hebrew.

1 Like

Three languages really.
English is my first language, then French and Italian.

5 Likes

Ma langue maternelle est le français.

Did you understand?
My first language is French. I have learned English throughout the years since I’m a teen. It is very useful to me now for my job.

I don’t know any other languages. I admire people who can speak more than 2 languages!

4 Likes

I’m a bit rusty writing in French but I understand it and can read quite a bit @anubis.

It’s great 'cause French is not so easy to learn! :slightly_smiling_face: You’re very good. How have you learned?

1 Like

Both my parents speak it so it was passed down.

1 Like

Is it an indiscretion to ask you why your parents speak French? Do they learned it? Is it their first language? Are your parents from France? By the way, where are you from?

They speak French naturally.
I grew up in the States.

2 Likes

Three languages.
English is my first.

1 Like

4 languages. Bulgarian is my native :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not fluent but i can speak English hindi and nepali …nepali is my native language. .haha
have broken english and hindi …

8 Likes

Fairly good in English and Malay. Chinese is my first language. I am learning Japanese.

4 Likes

Mother tongue is Gujarati. A fluent speaker. And English somewhat fluent

4 Likes